cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Markdown Manager > Sale Event is now useless

Maybe I'm missing something, or the new Promotions/Sales Event was written by bots.

I can see how to use it, but who would want to, with major limitations? 

The only filter I can see is to list by price. Then you have to drill down 4 or 5 pages to find the particular category for each of the 100 items you want to put on sale. Was I supposed to memorize all my categories? I guess I forgot to do that.

In Markdown Manager we could filter by price, time ending, and other data. We also saw pictures of each item, in case we needed them. We could pick and choose.

Category is the LEAST important data we use in deciding what should go on sale. Oh, and you can also filter by New or Used. ????? Completely random useless data.

Cartoons...because pictures speak louder with words.
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

In addition, the amount of the discount is limited to 5%, 10, 15, 20, etc. Is there no one in marketing left at ebay? There are multiple threads both here and all over the internet on how to price, and in ebay particularly, it's the odd numbers that make most sales. (6% worked very well for me!) Why why why, is ebay still putting these strangleholds on sellers?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I'm not a fan of the new tool, and its performance has been, so far, dismal. However . . .

You can filter by your store categories, and you can view up to 500 items per page by selecting the number of items per page at the bottom. You can select up to 500 items individually as well. I usually filter by store categories, which is easy to do.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thank you, but as I said, categories are not at all helpful for me. If all your items are in the same category, that would be different. I probably have 40 different categories. It's not my job to memorize them, or search for them.

Also: I know a little about databases, so I understand exclusion and inclusion rules. HOWEVER, who here thinks most ebay sellers would understand that, raise your hands? Unbelievable to have a new program that no one will use, and losing us one that DID work.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Can I move this complaint to the selling board? ARe duplicate posts allowed? I want to see what other people think.

Found this: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/New-Markdown-Manager-not-Working/qaq-p/27523070 Yeah, me, too. Sale says it's active, but nothing is on sale. Thanks for the extra work, and your corrupted new program, ebay. Which you have had up for, what, 3 months now???? 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

And....no response from the mods here. Guess they're too busy approving bullying.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply