cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

June 2021, having to log in on laptop every time I go to work - even w/"keep me logged in" is check?

I have searched the forums only to find old data and it is not relevant to my query.  This  problem is with any of my PCs or laptops and NOT an app.  All 3 of these PCs have the exact same problem (even after clearing all cache).  I have made sure my eBay preferences for keeping me logged in are selected properly.  I have never had to log in again every time I go away from eBay and then come back to do some work.  Why has this been happening the last few weeks?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

June 2021, having to log in on laptop every time I go to work - even w/"keep me logged in" is check?

If you are erasing your eBay cookies on a regular basis, or if you use a cleaner program that does this for you, each time your eBay cookie is erased you will have to sign in again.

If you have recently changed the way your browsers treat your cookies, see if you can undo whatever changes you have made.

Some browsers are better than others at remaining signed in. In certain cases, suspending or allowing your computer to go to sleep may affect whether you need to sign in again. Changing your network IP-address may affect whether you need to sign in again.

In addition to the "keep me signed in" on the sign in page, there is another similar setting in your account sign-in and security preferences -- check that as well:

https://accounts.ebay.com/acctsec/security-center/signin-preferences

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

thank you for your feedback ... but I already saw this information and followed it.  It is relevant - I have done nothing different and have had no problem ever logging in and then not having to log in again ever (though once in a rare moon it has asked me to log in but then all is well again).  I logged in today and did some eBay work.  I went to a few other sites and went back to eBay to do some more work.  I HAD TO LOG IN AGAIN.  I am still using the same browser window I logged into this am - and used for the other sites I went to - and again back to eBay.  I have tried another browser completely and same problem.  I have tried incognito - same problem.  I have not changed any settings for when it goes to sleep or how long.  I have gone to my sign-in preferences and everything looks perfectly fine and I have never ever gone here or changed anything anyway.  The other browser I tried was Microsoft edge (which I have never used until this problem ... so cookies can't be an issue).  So I have tried 2 browsers on all 3 PCs and eBay login doesn't stay logged out ?  I am so frustrated.  

Message 3 of 3
latest reply