cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Description Custom Template

I am having issues with creating a new Custom Template in the Item Description area. I am able to "Create" a new custom template but when I try to insert it in the listing nothing populates. Then when I try to insert a second time, the newly created custom template is no longer there. I check the description policy and it appears that we are following all the rules. Is anyone else having this issue? 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I'm not able to recreate the issue. When I go to the custom templates drop-down on the listing, scroll down to a template, then click 'insert' it's working smoothly. When I create a new template, save, then insert it into the listing - again, works smoothly.

Have you tried another browser just to rule out any weird browser issue?

What happens when you start a new listing and instead of creating a new template and trying to insert, you attempt to insert an existing template? Does that work? And do your other newly created templates that you said disappeared show up when you start a new listing?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I did try different browsers and still had the same issue. When I try to insert an existing template, it works just like it should. I did try and create a "test" template with Test as the title and body of the description and that template worked fine and stayed as one of the available options. 

I found that the template I am having issues with, is one that I am copying and pasting from a word document. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply