cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Managing Store; Chose "Newly Listed" as display option

It seems that regardless of which display option I choose... my store will only display as "Best Match"

Doesn't matter if I clear my browser / cache... or choose one of the other display options... nothing works except "Best Match".  Is this now the only available option for our eBay Stores? (even though it appears to allow us to choose from a list of options; only one of which works)

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

It's been weeks now since I've been able to customize my store... no response from ebay at all that I've seen to any of the threads about this topic.  Along with not being able to change default to newly listed, I can't change my listings from the gallery view to the list view, which I'm starting to get frustrated with, as I really don't like the gallery view.  I thought it was just a tech thing that was going to last a few days....but it's been weeks now...and ebay is just leaving us hanging...  It would really be nice to know if they were planning on fixing the problem and to keep us informed of the matter, as we are paying for a product that isn't functioning properly.  It's irritating.

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

This is one of the reasons why I dislike the store format, and never view a store on eBay unless there is some compelling reason to do so.

I don't like that I can't see items the way I want to, when I am viewing a store, so I always choose to view items by seller instead. And I don't like the gallery view, and I want to see items in list view instead. In stores, that isn't possible if the seller has chosen gallery view. I don't care what the seller likes, or what eBay likes. I like to display things my way, thank you very much.

This latest change to store formatting doesn't make anything better, IMO. Old store, new store, they're both bad.

Luckily, I know how to work around this and use the search by seller display instead, when I want to view a seller's listings.

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

@lacemaker3

"And I don't like the gallery view, and I want to see items in list view instead. In stores, that isn't possible if the seller has chosen gallery view. I don't care what the seller likes, or what eBay likes. I like to display things my way, thank you very much."

Go to my store/any store and on the right below the featured photos are the Sort options. If you prefer a List View, you may select that and override the seller's setting. The option has always been there in the 4 years I've had my store. You may also sort by Lowest Price, Ending Soonest, etc.

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

Yes... the guest at the store can change the sort... but that's not the point.  They offer sellers the option of choosing the default sort... with any of those options.  Our preference is "newly listed"... so that when a guest arrives at the store... they see our most recently listed items... rather than merchandise they might have seen on prior visits... making them uninclined to search further as they don't see anything new that is of interest. 

Bottom line:  We preferred the option of changing our default display... any time we wanted to... for any reason we wanted to.  To provide several options for the default display... but then to force everyone to display as "best match"... makes no sense.

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

@saturdaystoys

"Yes... the guest at the store can change the sort... but that's not the point."

Actually, I think you missed my point as I was addressing lacemaker3's comment below:

@lacemaker3

"And I don't like the gallery view, and I want to see items in list view instead. In stores, that isn't possible if the seller has chosen gallery view.

I'm well aware and very unhappy that our store default setting no longer works...

Message 20 of 20
latest reply