cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is ebay changing shipping charges to free shipping.

I have had 4 items recently that had free shipping, when I normally charge shipping.  After 3 of these experiences, I thought that maybe I had made an error.  I reviewed my active listings and found one that was marked free shipping.  I deleted the check mark in that box, so shipping would be charged.

The item just sold and it had changed back to free shipping.

Is this just a glitch, or is ebay doing this deliberately?  I would think if it was deliberate, that only certain classes of items would have had this done, but it varies among different types of items.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Is ebay changing shipping charges to free shipping.

eBay is getting desperate as people bail.

Sales tax was the tipping point.

You can only push people so far.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@notakeres 

I just checked your listings -- all have shipping charges specified except one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/372826822095

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Thanks, I'll change it.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

You should go to the seller hub and under listings select to view all of your active listings. The 4th field box should by default say item tittle. Hit the drop down and select free shipping. This should allow you to search all of your listings to see what if any still have free shipping enabled. If you leave any with free shipping be care full UPS has already had their rate increase go in to effect. USPS will be toward the end of January.  FEDEX I think it was going to sometime around February.Free.jpg

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

• UPS: December 26, 2019
  • FedEx: January 6, 2020
  • USPS: January 26, 2020
  •  
  • rate change dates
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@notakeres   I've had that happen on occasion ... I only use Free Shipping when I am ready to get rid on something but what happens is eBay keeps the Free Shipping box CHECKED on the Listing form so the next time I Relist or Create a new Listing I have to make sure that box is unchecked ... I've seen the same thing with Free Returns ... I suspect the "default" settings can be changed, huh?

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

If you enable free shipping on a new listing. The option could get turned on for each new listing you create as part of the prefill ebay does to help sellers save time. Any time you make changes to shipping it is important on the next listing to double check and change things back. For example if you mainly use first class package and list a item using priority mail. Then the next listing priority mail will be selected by default and need to be changed back to first class package.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Help eBay office is closed. My listings change to free at the last minute. What is going on?

Message 9 of 9
latest reply