cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Irritating new glitch started within the last 24 hours

We don't seem to have a Technical Issues page anymore, or if we do it is cleverly hidden by the new designs, which is where this really belongs, so I will try here.

An irritating glitch has developed in the last 24 hours. I customarily print out the Order Details. Not only do I file them, but I use these print-outs to double-check against labels and the contents of packages. Suddenly they are printing out in landscape format, not portrait as before, which makes a long, skinny vertical display on the page, which is hard to read. When I go to print something, the Layout option is visible and it is checked off as Portrait. But once the Preview comes up, the Layout option has disappeared and the thing prints out in landscape. I cannot change this. This was not the case as recently as yesterday. Incidentally, it works the same if I switch browsers. That is not the problem. All other programs on my computer (e.g. Word) print normally. It is specifically an eBay problem and is not browser-related. I would be grateful if someone could correct this.

Message 1 of 56
latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

Hey eBay! Do something!

Message 16 of 56
latest reply

lulabell38
Adventurer

As a big Ebay customer, I print out the order details to track my cost for resale.  I am having the same problem with the landscape page orientation.  I keep my printouts in a binder and this landscape version with the micro-type is useless.  I guess I will have to wait until the problem is fixed to print my receipts.  

Message 17 of 56
latest reply

i talked to ebay and they say the  security has been automated so it asks for captcha every time when i do a bid and even despite 2fa enabled and ebay app on my iphone and keeping security up to date on my mac.

the only thing i can think of is.

1. i have my address set to a po box address so i can pick up the items from the post office.

2. the browser's built in login manager ebay thinks it is a robot.

3. my adblocker adguard uses an external security certificate so it can decrypt https as the way adguard works is the adguard app does the intercepting and modifying of the html before it gets to the browser.

can someone tell me if they have problems with login captchas and logins required each time to buy or bid and can tell me if they have the same things.

1. adblockers that are application based.

2. uses po box

3. uses built in login manager.

ebay security department if you are reading this please whitelist login managers and po box and application based ad blockers from the captcha check.

thanks

Message 18 of 56
latest reply

Well, there are MAJOR coding errors, and other errors on the invoice page. 

Google Developer's Console is kicking many errors, many in CSS, and I located the line of code that locks the invoice format into the Landscape Mode! 

No other workaround can be found. 

EBAY needs to hire a new Web Development Team and a few that know how to write code would be SUPER LOVELY. 

Not buying another thing until I can print my invoices!  

Message 19 of 56
latest reply

Another Ebay screw up after they try to fix something that is not broken. Every time I go to my seller hub, I find that some of the links ( leave feedback ) or ( Purchase History ) isn't always in the same column. One time they are listed in the left column and the next time the middle and so on. I don't have time to play hide and seek. I'm trying to run an online business and Ebay continues to throw us sellers curve balls...... or should I say knuckle balls. 

Message 20 of 56
latest reply

same thing here. the only workaround I have is to print just the invoice using google and NOT the Printer Friendly Page. You have to adjust the scale to about 90 but atleast you can read it and its all on one page. pathetic. Maybe the idea at ebay is that if they make the print so small you cant read it then maybe you won't know how much you are spending ?  or more likely some programmer thought that this was neater...

Message 21 of 56
latest reply

I wrote up the same issue, but I might add that the format (which you can see if you save to a PDF file) is actually for an 11" x 17" paper size and has been reduced by 70%, giving you a tiny print size and no layout option for portrait or landscape.  I called eBay Tech and was promised a toggle of some sort between this "new" print format and the old one.

Message 22 of 56
latest reply

No, you don't.   Get a seller account and see for yourself.  See my earlier comment on tis problem.

Message 23 of 56
latest reply

Done that, doesn't work.  See my earlier comment for eBay Tech solution.  Call it in.

Message 24 of 56
latest reply

Lack of orientation is not the issue.  eBay changed the print output to 11"x17" and reduced your print view to 70% to fit on a letter, landscape orientation..   You can see this if you try to print to a PDF file.

Contact eBay tech for a solution.  I'm supposed to see my "toggle" between old and new view by Wednesday.

Message 25 of 56
latest reply

Your label print view is not the same issue as Order Details print view.  The label issue is a setting change on your printer to from index card to letter.

Message 26 of 56
latest reply

What you are seeing is a change to 11"x17" paper format, then reduced to 70% to fit on letter-size paper. You can see this if you print to a PDF file.  Have to call eBay Tech to fix this for you.

Message 27 of 56
latest reply

I did the same :). I am so glad to find this thread. I thought it was just me! Doesn't matter what I tried. 

Message 28 of 56
latest reply

Looks like it is printing landscape in Chrome and Edge, but in Firefox it is printing in portrait as before and the font a little bigger. Looks like it is still best to print out the order details before "Printer Friendly page" in Chrome, with the scale at 90% still in landscape.

Message 29 of 56
latest reply

Fixed for you, yet?

Message 30 of 56
latest reply