cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Irritating new glitch started within the last 24 hours

We don't seem to have a Technical Issues page anymore, or if we do it is cleverly hidden by the new designs, which is where this really belongs, so I will try here.

An irritating glitch has developed in the last 24 hours. I customarily print out the Order Details. Not only do I file them, but I use these print-outs to double-check against labels and the contents of packages. Suddenly they are printing out in landscape format, not portrait as before, which makes a long, skinny vertical display on the page, which is hard to read. When I go to print something, the Layout option is visible and it is checked off as Portrait. But once the Preview comes up, the Layout option has disappeared and the thing prints out in landscape. I cannot change this. This was not the case as recently as yesterday. Incidentally, it works the same if I switch browsers. That is not the problem. All other programs on my computer (e.g. Word) print normally. It is specifically an eBay problem and is not browser-related. I would be grateful if someone could correct this.

Message 1 of 56
latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

Glitch #2493......

Good grief.

When will this improve?

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 56
latest reply

The Technical Issues board still exists -- a link can be found under Community Info as "Share eBay Technical Issues":

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/bd-p/technicalissues-db

I do not have a selling account, so I cannot check whether I can print selling order details or what orientation the page appears in, but if you set your browser to open PDFs using a PDF reader such as Adobe Acrobat Reader, you may have more choices available when printing compared to using the default browser plug-in option.

Message 3 of 56
latest reply

You can also try "print using system dialog box" - ever since both eBay and Firefox came up with simultaneous updates that goobered up my printing I've had to do that for my label printer  (I still haven't been able to get the new settings to stick).

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 4 of 56
latest reply

I'm having the same problem. It wasn't there yesterday, and it's a real pain. I thought at first that it was something Microsoft had done, but I suspect it's more likely eBay. I'd really appreciate them fixing this.

Message 5 of 56
latest reply

Same here!  I print a hard copy  of order details and also print to pdf for my database and I find no way to change the orientation to portrait.  Huge waste of paper as I used to print on the reverse of my shipping label receipt.  Super annoying and hope they can fix it soon!

Message 6 of 56
latest reply

Here's another clue: whatever changed occurred after 11:42 AM PT today. My "Order Details" pages were printing normally up to that point.

Message 7 of 56
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

You can also try "print using system dialog box" - ever since both eBay and Firefox came up with simultaneous updates that goobered up my printing I've had to do that for my label printer  (I still haven't been able to get the new settings to stick).

I had noticed that my labels were printing in the landscape format as well.  I was able to switch it back from both changing my dialog page back to portrait and then with Firefox printing to portrait and that worked for me on the labels issue.   When I tried to change it through Firefox only it would not work.

Message 8 of 56
latest reply

wow ... speechless how EBAY would change something and not test it out... SMH !  waste of paper and nothing I do as recommended helps.

Message 9 of 56
latest reply

I have had this problem too! The "portrait" option appears for a half a second before disappearing, and there is no way I have found to fix it.  Grrr. 

Message 10 of 56
latest reply

This is terrible!!! Needs to get fixed ASAP!!!

Message 11 of 56
latest reply

I'm still having this issue today.  My only fix was to take a screen clip of the 'Order Details' prior to hitting the 'printer friendly' trap.  I then pasted into Word and printed.  Was able to print my shipping label per normal on the same page.  

The 'Printer Friendly' button brings up a print window on Edge were the orientation (portrait/landscape) doesn't even show up.  When I use the 'dialog box' option the printer default is already set to portrait but it still prints landscape.  Frustrating!

Message 12 of 56
latest reply

Just about everybody is experiencing this problem. Opened a service ticket yesterday. I hope they fix it fast as my order receipts are backing up. Have over 50 order details to print. landscape for me is useless. 

Message 13 of 56
latest reply

I am having the same problem printing this page.  As you said, it forces you to print in landscape and it prints so small you cannot read it. I am also having a problem saving the order details which I use to be able to do just fine until I started having these printing issues. It is so irritating. I am using Chrome but it seems like it is trying to print/save it from internet explorer even though I am in Chrome. It worked fine until about a week ago. Not sure what they changed. 

Message 14 of 56
latest reply

Im having the same issues,how do i open a service ticket?

Message 15 of 56
latest reply