cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't report an item that violate ebay's policy

Hi

I tried to report an item, unfortunately, the drop menu doesn't work, it's blank and I can't continue in the process.

The seller tricked me and he doesn't respond.

Any idea how to fix this issue?

Thank you.

cantReport.PNG

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: I can't report an item that violate ebay's policy

Were you in a transaction with the seller?

Did you send him money?

Did he not send anything ?Or was the item you received not the item that was described?

If that is the case, you are looking at the wrong action.

There is a Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

The first suggestion there is to Contact the Seller but skip that since you have already done it.

If you need more help, come back here, hit Reply, and give more details about the problem.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

If you are trying to report a listing and get that screen, it's probably already been reported and is coming down.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I have seen other users post about having difficulty with the Report Item categories not appearing for them, but those seem to be working for me using recent versions of most browsers on a Windows 10 machine. Try another browser, or try reporting using the eBay app on your phone if you can.

How did the seller trick you? If you are involved in a transaction with the seller, eBay has a very good money back guarantee.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I've paid and received something else, it was a fraud.

Digital goods. Anyway, I'll wait till I can open a case... Just wanted to be sure that others won't purchase the item.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I have tried on the app as well, but no success, also with Edge, for some reason eBay is blocked when I use Microsoft edge.

I'll just wait till I can open a case.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

It's my understanding that the eBay Money Back Guarantee does not cover digital goods.  Nor does Paypal.

If I am correct your best bet would be a chargeback on the credit card you use to back your Paypal account. Card policies differ.

But don't take my word for it, it's an educated guess.

This may be one reason why with the move to Managed Payments for sellers, digital goods may no longer be sold here.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

If you've already received it, you can already open a Not As Described claim. Good luck!

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@femmefan1946 

Great post. I had no experience in digital goods. Your delivery makes sense to me. Heck, your educated guesses make sense to me. Wonder why the OP has to wait to open a case. Hmmm...

Message 9 of 9
latest reply