cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hundreds of my bookmarked searches no longer work

I have hundreds of bookmarked searches that I regularly run. About half of them don't work anymore. eBay must have changed some code earlier this year. This represents the loss of countless hours of work building these searches and tweaking them. Here is an example of one of these searches.

http://search-desc.ebay.com/suwanee-swanee-USS-steamer-ship-schooner-alaska-steamship-paddle-dvd-vid...

Any ideas?

I use Firefox on a mac.

MacBook Pro Retina 15" (mid-2014) 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
  OS X 10.11.6
  Memory: 16 GB

Firefox 53

Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Proof that eBay doesn't care. They won't fix this disaster.

Message 31 of 43
latest reply

Still not fixed!

Message 32 of 43
latest reply

Are you referring to actual bookmarked search pages like this:            @alaska

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=modern&_sacat=550

If you post one of the bookmark links here I'll take a look. It appears that eBay may have restructured categories and subdomains which obsoleted your search links, but it MIGHT be possible to convert them to work with the new structure.

Also, what browser are you using? (probably important IF some sort of conversion is possible).

Message 33 of 43
latest reply

Still not fixed.

Message 34 of 43
latest reply

Every week I am running my bookmarked searches and so many of them no longer work. So there are a lot of things I should be buying but I can't buy what I can't find. Too bad for those sellers who are unhappy with poor sales. There are many reasons for poor sales. EBay's end of support for URL's generated by eBay over the years is just one of them.

Message 35 of 43
latest reply

I use the search function to help me price my items for sale. All of a sudden, it doesn't work. Can this be fixed???
Message 36 of 43
latest reply

Still not fixed!

Message 37 of 43
latest reply

What exactly isn't fixed? You expect eBay to restore the old category/url structure to allow your bookmarked searches to work again? That isn't realistic or going to happen.
Message 38 of 43
latest reply

Still not fixed, and you can add to the list of idiot coders (who do not understand that ending support for long standing URLs is a really stupid decision) liveauctioneers.com and shopgoodwill.com who have also abandoned URLs that worked for years and now no longer work!

Message 39 of 43
latest reply

Still not fixed!

Message 40 of 43
latest reply

Still not fixed.

Message 41 of 43
latest reply

Still not fixed.