cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have to log in to leave feedback.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Never had to do this before. Is this something new?

Message 1 of 61
latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

Same issue after 22 years of religiously leaving feedback I am now required AFTER BEING SIGNED IN to sign in a second time. I don't mind working a little to get feedback placed but to have sign-in twice to do it is an unnecessary obstructive inconvenience. (Maybe it's time to not be so vigilant?)
Whose stunning idea was this?
Message 46 of 61
latest reply

I am logged in. when trying to leave feed back says must log in.  when i put my password in says no match  .

So i changed password . Still saying same thing. 

So cant leave feed back . 

Message 47 of 61
latest reply

nope me as well..

but none of my passwords work.

three ebay accounts none work.

yet use a bookmark and some do..

worse is in chrome using incognito (i use this to use two ebay at once)

pain as i need to update delivery status and feedback.

Message 48 of 61
latest reply

Yep, me too. I'm already logged in, can make purchases and eBay knows who I am -- but if I want to leave feedback, I have to log in again. Nuts to that.

Message 49 of 61
latest reply

I had this problem.

Solution: Click on your name, should be top left of Ebay page, this opens a drop down menu, click account settings, select site preferences and click keep me signed in on this computer.

Hope this helps.

Ohh and Lithium technologies runs this site if you freak like I did when you see: You have authorised the following third party applications to perform certain actions on eBay on your behalf: Lithium Tech.

Message 50 of 61
latest reply

Ohh forgot to add, I was signed in and could not leave feedback, this is just another spot to keep you signed in and seems to work for me, and yeah it is pretty B grade design from an A list tech company.
Message 51 of 61
latest reply

No.... the whole log in system is broken. They  now   even want log in again using face book.. like everyone has a FB account  just to leave positive feed back.  It's gotten to the point that I do  not even want to deal with e-bay any more as they also make it impossible to even contact them 

Message 52 of 61
latest reply

@joe_d_j 

the whole log in system is broken. They now even want log in again using face book.. like everyone has a FB account

Signing in using Facebook is a completely optional alternative method of signing in. It is not necessary to have a Facebook account to use eBay. If you do have a Facebook account it is not necessary (or particularly desirable) to link it to your eBay account.

If you are having trouble signing in using the standard sign-in page, here is an alternative page that may work better for you -- if so, consider bookmarking it:

https://signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll

Message 53 of 61
latest reply

No, not the only one.

Also confused about this

Message 54 of 61
latest reply

I never used to have to because you're already logged in.  So why do we have to log in again?  It's very annoying.  

Message 55 of 61
latest reply

I began to have this problem in late october 2019. i WILL NOT be logging in twice to leave feedback or, do anything else in E-Bay. We are ALL warned repeatedly NOT to login if you are already logged in with regards to ANY account you may have on the internet. It's internet safety 101. Till they get this fixed I wont play. Its funny that it's not being addressed already.  Sorry no feedback from me, which really is unfair to those who are needing it. This is an easy way to gain access to our money online, I TRULY hope they fix this soon.

Message 56 of 61
latest reply

YOU are not the only one, I refuse to login twice to give feedback. This is a perfect opportunity for hackers on thier end to put up fake login boards and get your password. I wont do it. it's not another layer of protection it goes against internet safety 101

Message 57 of 61
latest reply

YES!

Same here... and then my password is wrong, when its autosaved. How is that even possible coz Im already logged in on the very same laptop!

Message 58 of 61
latest reply

I always left feedback on every item i bought......but now because i have a 10 year old Macbook , that Apple cancels selection of a new browser, i cannot log in a 2nd time ., for any Feedback

So i  am unable  to leave  feedback now.

Ebay presumes everyone is on a nice new  computer system .......plenty of us are not.

Message 59 of 61
latest reply

5543rsm:

My feed back button was not working using Internet Explorer.

I downloaded firefox browser as suggested by rfmtm at this discussion board.

As of now all my seller buttons are working.

Sad we have to resort to a browser change on our older Operating Systems.

Like I said to ebay,  I am not running the Pentagon with my PC...

Ebay is the only sight I have to browser swap !

Message 60 of 61
latest reply