cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat Rate shipping cost will not save - defaults to free shipping

I have a listing with flat rate freight for shipping but when I update the listing with the shipping cost ($550) it will not save and erases the value which defaults it to free shipping. I have tried selecting other flat rate services (like "Standard Shipping") with the same result. This has been happening for a couple months now on this same listing. My other listing with this same shipping method are working fine.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Which listing is it @3e8_scientific? I can to take a look and let you know you what it's showing on my end.

If it's just one listing giving you trouble there could be something in it that's corrupted. End that listign and start a brand new one (don't use sell similar) which should resolve any kind of issue like that.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

This listing ID is 223961710942.

I would prefer not to start a new listing if I don't have to. It's a $12k item with 53 watchers that I regularly stock and don't want to lose the momentum I have built.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Yeah, I totally get that. I'm seeing "free local pickup" is the only shipping option on the listing.

Can you post a screenshot of the shipping section of the listing form before you save the changes?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I appreciate the help. Here is a screen shot pre-save and post-save when I go back into the listing.

Pre-SavePre-SavePost SavePost Save

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

This is a long shot, but it has worked for me in the past.

Can you set up calculated shipping, save it, then go back and change to flat shipping, save again?

If that doesn't work, how about adding freight, removing local pickup, then saving. If that "takes" you can try adding local pickup back in.

GLORIOUS!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Ah, that worked! It took a few different combos of turning things on and off and offering different services but I got it to stick. Thank you so much!!

Here was the winning combo:

1. Switch to calculated shipping, save

2. Turn off local pickup, save

3. Switch back to flat rate freight, save

4. Turn local pickup back on, save

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Great! Thanks for letting me know how it turned out.

GLORIOUS!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply