cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback to Message Bob Kupbens, VP, Seller Marketplace, and Mohan Patt, VP, Core Product Experience

I read your apology and have to say that I may have felt even more frustrated afterward.

I know that there were technical issues, but am unsure that I know the extent, I would appreciate knowing from eBay directly, exactly what issues have been reported and the status of each.  I DO know that my sales have clearly been impacted.  I do a good part of my sales through auctions and there has been a sudden dramatic drop-off, beyond what could be explained by usual variances. 

Additionally, I don't mind sharing that although I have only been selling on eBay for a couple of years, it is really disheartening how there has been a clear trend in asking more and more of your smaller TRS while offering us less in return, not just the cut in our discount, but less overall support and even in addressing our issues in a respecful manner, in my opinion. When I 1 st started, I was surprised at how jaded most sellers that I interacted with were toward eBay, sad to say that it took me so little time to totally understand why.

These "technical issues" combined with the most recent demand for TRS to offer Free Returns may very well have spelled the end for me.  Especially as I did comply and quickly paid for doing so!  I had a horrendous experience related to a "Return" while attempting to handle it, I was assured by one Customer Service Rep that eBay protects their sellers, not only their buyers but unfortunately, it seems that Rep was the only one under that impression.  Although being very clearly scammed by a buyer was bad enough, the manner in which it was handled by eBay was, in my opinion, reprehensible! 

Combine that with these undefined "technical issues" some of which I know of, but I suspect there that have been additional issues that I wasn't aware of...and I have to say that your apology just isn't cutting it for me.  

I doubt that I will get a response, although one would like to think that eBay would be willing to interactively communicate with their sellers, that doesn't seem to be the way it works.

A disheartened, likely soon to be former Top Rated Seller Plus,

Cin

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Feedback to Message Bob Kupbens, VP, Seller Marketplace, and Mohan Patt, VP, Core Product Experi

I posted about it elsewhere, but as I had noted that I wanted to be informed of the issue, thought that I would mention that I have run across THREE "new to me" Scary Issues today!

A running list of the known issues and their status would sure be nice, would have saved me some money today (due to automatically, incorrectly applied discounts from Promotions I didn't think to End when they didn't appear to "work').  And, I would have known that it wasn't just an issue with my auctions suddenly tanking!  Looks to me like our regular users are having issue attempting to bid on auctions.  The vast majority of my (limited) bids are by guests?!?!

Wow!  It might be a good time to take a vacation!

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Re: Feedback to Message Bob Kupbens, VP, Seller Marketplace, and Mohan Patt, VP, Core Product Experi

@cinsational4sale wrote:

Wow!  It might be a good time to take a vacation!

bids are by guests?!?!

It looks like the whole f-bay crowd got their vacations at the same time, no trouble with spamming my mail with 10 year old search querry

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Agreed.

I want a refund of my sellers fees.  Even this hardly makes good for the loss of sales caused by eBay themselves.  I'm ready to close my store.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Well, I am somewhat glad the markdown manager is back even though I already lowered a lot of prices that I can't put on sale now.  However, I noticed several my pictures not loading even though they meet the requirments that can't be good for sales.  However, biggest problem I noticed yesterday is new product shopping experience is putting other sellers prices on my listings.  For instance if I have a used CD up for $8, ther is a link for a brand new one at $6 from a competiter on Ebay, usually a mega seller.   Sometimes they put a price that doesn't even include shipping.  Anybody else notice this?   Stock photos also come up first even if stock photo is wrong or missing.   This can't be good for sales and only helps people who are rock bottom cheapest, this is going to lead to everyone trying to lower prices to undercut the next guy and eventually you will be selling something for nothing.  That results in less fees for Ebay as well, how is this good for anybody? 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply