cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FYI: Known problem with items not auto-relisting

Just posting this because I didn't see anything about it here (sorry if I missed it). I just talked with an eBay rep because items in my store have started disappearing rather than auto-relisting after 30 days. This started last night and has continued this morning. The rep told me this is a known problem "affecting some accounts" and is being worked on. So if you're seeing this problem, there's probably no need to call eBay and tell them about it. Hopefully gets fixed soon because I confirmed that the "disappeared" items are not visible in search, though if I use a direct link, the listings are still available.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: FYI: Known problem with items not auto-relisting

Same thing is happening to me, going to put a call in to seller support.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

The same happened to my listings :  do not renew( auto - relisting ) after 30 days and disappear ( also from my shop ) I've spoken with eBay representative in the chat and after about 1 hour chatting  (I was redirected 5 times before I found a competent person - I think ) my issue has been reported ...should be resolved in 72 hours ! Terrible as during this time I can lose  some really good old listings with a lots watchers ...of course zero sales from these listings ...what was happened with eBay ?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I agree that it's very frustrating, but the good news is I don't think the missing listings are truly gone from the system. I checked one of mine, and if I go direct to the listing using the item number, it's still up and available for purchase. However, it doesn't seem to show up in search. So hopefully once they fix this, all the listings will just come back to normal and nothing will be lost.

I had a much better experience with the "call me" support option...I'm not a fan of those support chats because I can't tell if I'm talking to a bot or just a person who's not too bright 🙂 When I talked to a phone rep she knew immediately what I was talking about and told me it was known, so I guess they've been hearing about it.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Having the same issue and posted about this on the main selling board a little while ago. listings are not properly renewing and are magically disappearing. I just hope they can bring back all the listings they deleted. I have no idea what listings are gone too, as I have over 1,500, its a total guessing game.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I posted this in the selling board also, but figured I would add it here as well:  I have had this happen to me yesterday and today.  I had 5 items disappear last night, and 1 more disappear this morning.  No common thread between them (some are older, some are newer).  I keep meticulous details for each item posted, so i did a cross reference between what i expect to be active on ebay (tracked on my own excel sheet), vs what is actually active in my ebay store.  That is how I was able to determine exactly which items are missing.  When I search for one of the missing item numbers in eBay or in my store, nothing comes up.  When I look at my sold, unsold, and ended items, I cannot see the missing item in there either.  However, if I search Terapeak for the missing item number, it shows up and shows as active.  Also, if I do a hard link to my item number (https://www.ebay.com/itm/#####?nordt=true) with the ##### being replaced with the full item number, then it shows up, and shows as active.  I reached out to customer support, and they said there is a latency issue that the tech team is working related to items disappearing.   Based on everything I see, this appears to be a case when items are not auto renewing properly, and seem to have fallen into a limbo state where that are partially ended and active at the same time.  By pulling them up with the direct link, I can do a "Sell Similar" to essentially relist the item.  However, the original will still be out there and not sure if that will cause more issues down the line.  How this will be resolved, I have no clue.  But eBay should be able to find items that find this odd criteria and get them corrected.  Anyone else see anything different or have any other solution?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Same with me. I noticed that my listing count had dropped last night, then more this morning, then more in the afternoon. All the same issue—things that were ending their 30-day cycle and about to renew instead vanish. They are still active, in the sense that you can find them with a google search of some of the key words. But you'll not find them natively on ebay, no matter how you search, nor will they show up as active even on your backend as the seller. This would seem to be some glitch within the past week or so, and if it isn't fixed within another few, every seller that is affected will likely show no listings, as all will have cycled out. Anybody who has this issue should, at the very least, receive a waiver of store fees for the month, as it's a bit of a joke to pay for ebay to host your items and then ghost them.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

This seems to be resolved for me as of this morning. The missing listings have reappeared, and additional 30-day relists have gone through normally. Hopefully that's the end of it.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply