cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email language change

I opened my account when I lived in England, moved to Spain and for some unknown reason Ebay changed their emails to me to Spanish, I lived there for 10 years returning 6 years ago, however Ebay have not changed the language of their emails back to English - WHY? Does anyone know how I can get them to do this as I can't find a way, I was told some time ago by an Ebay user that I would have to close my account and start again but I don't want to do this as I would lose all my purchase history and I don't want that to happen. Can anyone help me please?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Email language change

I have had the same problem after living in Peru and Colombia for several years. Fortunately I can read Spanish, but unfortunately, Ebay customer service cannot direct me to anything on their website that says how to make a language change.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Email language change

The language that eBay uses to communicate with you in emails is determined by which eBay website you registered on. You probably registered on eBay Spain, even if you were in the UK at the time.

Unfortunately, there is no longer any way to check which website you registered on, as eBay has removed it from public view.

The only way to change this is first, to make sure that your registered address is in the country where you want to be registered, where the eBay website uses the language you want. In your case, you appear to have a registered address in the UK, so you're good.

Then, contact eBay customer service on the website where you want to be registered, and ask them to change your registration website to the eBay UK website. This was always the only way to change the language.

I haven't heard back from anyone who has tried this since they removed the registration site info, so please let us know if this still works.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Email language change

Hi my address is now in spain.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply