cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay stole around $1,300 from me. Customer service won't help!!!!!!! Help me!!!

Back in 2021, I owned a coral operation where I sold high end live coral. I was doing fairly well and had over 10 orders with around $1300 sitting in my funds. Then unexpectedly, eBay banned me from selling due to a violation of my guidelines. Turns out my age had a typo and didn't match with my bank (complete accident). That 1300 was sitting in ebays holding funds (not in my bank account yet), but due to me being banned, I was unable to proceed with shipping out the orders and they had to refund everyone. But they didn't just send the money from eBay's held funds account, no, they sent it from my bank account! And then all that money sitting in eBay's account was supposedly sent to the state as unclaimed funds. So ebay essentially robbed me. The idiot customer service guy said it would take 6-12 months before I could even claim it back. So now Ive waited over 2 years, Ive searched the states databanks for months to find this unclaimed money. To this day I still have not gotten it back. I search and search with every word I can think of that might be able to find this unclaimed money, and still its like it was never even sent to the state. I called customer service a dozen times and I get the same idiot foreign workers that say they'll put in a report, and never hear back. I don't know if the ebay worker who sent that money to the state and put the wrong information or what, but it doesn't exist. I cannot find it... I someone to please help me. I will never use ebay again, the whole system is a complete joke. I need to find that money desperately. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Ebay stole around $1,300 from me. Customer service won't help!!!!!!! Help me!!!

Sorry, but no one in this forum can help you with your issue. 
You just need to continue to contact your states escheatment department for whatever is left of your funds after your buyers and your selling fees were taken care of.  

Message 2 of 2
latest reply