cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay System Shows Possible Fraudulent Account Notice from Paypal; Paypal Say No Such Notice;

Attempted to start a return tonight.   Every time I hit submit button I receive a notice that the request cannot be processed due to a notice from paypal about possibly fraudulent activity with my account.  I checked with Paypal, no such notice or problem.  I call ebay, on the phone half-an-hour with them, as usual, refusing to admit that they have a problem with their system.  Stated only way to have matter resolved was to have PayPal do a three way call with me and eBay.  I called PayPal.  "Sorry, we don't have the ability to make outgoing calls."

And, as usual, when I try to start a return using Chrome and I attach a picture, when I hit submit I get a complete disconnect.  .  .  Of course, eBay, for years, has said this is a Chrome issue.  .  .  

So frustrated with eBay's inept and inadequate customer support. 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ebay System Shows Possible Fraudulent Account Notice from Paypal; Paypal Say No Such Notice;

Well, have to apologize to eBay support. Turned out it was a PayPal issue where, unbeknownest to me, or a standard PayPal rep, there was a flag sent to eBay. PayPal opened a hidden "dispute" regarding a transaction I had with a new credit card. Ebay rep today told me they did have a commuication from PayPal and had a dispute # and ID. They then helped with three way call to PayPal. Only way anyone at PayPal found the issue was by eBay rep giving them the dispute #. Then, had to go up the ladder to have it resolved after I confirmed it was my card and I had made the purchase. . . So, had a good rep at eBay today that knew what to do and had me call PayPal while she stayed on the line. . .

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Well, have to apologize to eBay support. Turned out it was a PayPal issue where, unbeknownest to me, or a standard PayPal rep, there was a flag sent to eBay. PayPal opened a hidden "dispute" regarding a transaction I had with a new credit card. Ebay rep today told me they did have a commuication from PayPal and had a dispute # and ID. They then helped with three way call to PayPal. Only way anyone at PayPal found the issue was by eBay rep giving them the dispute #. Then, had to go up the ladder to have it resolved after I confirmed it was my card and I had made the purchase. . . So, had a good rep at eBay today that knew what to do and had me call PayPal while she stayed on the line. . .
Message 2 of 2
latest reply