cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

Over the last 2 days when trying to click on items after being on eBay for a few minutes I get:

This page isn’t working

www.ebay.com.au redirected you too many times.

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

So I clear Chrome's cookies and restart Chrome for things to work properly. But after a while the same thing happens. Totally sick of it. eBay - FIX YOUR BUGGY WEBSITE!!! Your site is getting so complex it's actually beyond a point where basic function takes second place to over-worked and unreliable faulty coding.
Message 1 of 67
latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

Re: ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

Yep, me too. On Google, Firefox, Opera...  Works once or twice then shows this page.

If I turn on "private browsing" in settings/privacy it will work. But you need to log in all the time etc...

Message 31 of 67
latest reply

Same here

Message 32 of 67
latest reply

Had the same problem. Go into chrome settings, click reset,restore to original defaults.

Message 33 of 67
latest reply

I use and have updated Chrome and issues persists, clearing cookies/cache whether through browser settings or via 2nd party tools does nothing. I've tried both the 32 and 64 bit version of Chrome and ebay pages is the only website that has this issue............ grrr

Message 34 of 67
latest reply

today ..

The www.ebay.ie page isn’t working

www.ebay.ie redirected you too many times.

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS
Message 35 of 67
latest reply

Seems ebay has listened, today I was pleasantly surprised to see the previous voting page (the one before they changed something which screwed up things), so likely all other involved pages (like the search result listing which yesterday showed only half the page....) are working like before. I noticed this because on the voting page today appeared the old layout and most surprisingly my previously used commented (these were still in cache because I only erased upto 4 weeks, and they are indeed older).

Maybe others could check if things are working as they should. Webpage caching (on server levels) can take around 48 hours so please check for the next 2 days.

I use ebay.es but also .co.uk and .com

Message 36 of 67
latest reply

Products pages are still bug.
No change for me.
Message 37 of 67
latest reply

Same issue here, with no sign of improvement, even after clearing all cookies and images.

I use ebay.ie and it won't work at all. I'm forced to do any transaction through ebay.com instead, which has caused confusion for the sellers I buy from.

Getting pretty tired of this. I like using ebay, but if they don't fix this soon, I'll have no choice but to try other sites. 😧

Message 38 of 67
latest reply

Update!!

Just checked a similar thread to this one, and a user has found the solution to it!

Noname.jpg

Message 39 of 67
latest reply

This may well be the case. Now I get the new voting page again, but everything is indeed working as it should. After login the normal pages go http while the myebay pages go https, which is as it should. I'm not getting any messages any more and my search listings are complete. Don't know if this was because of this "fix" because my gut feeling tells me ebay is definitely changing things on their pages and this all happened after they obviously made some mistake which provoked the dreaded redirect loop.
Message 40 of 67
latest reply

Any news ?? It begin to be very long without ebay....

Message 41 of 67
latest reply

Thank You hostofathousand - Ihad same problem failing to open 2nd page of ebay.com.au
the chrome procedure you listed fixed all my issues.
I checked, and it is a legitimate chrome fix

Thank You again hostofathousand!
Message 42 of 67
latest reply

Same here.  Is it Chrome or is it eBay?  In any case, I'm using eBay less. 

Message 43 of 67
latest reply

Same problem here over the past week since Thanksgiving....ebay needs to fix this ASAP

Message 45 of 67
latest reply