cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAY FOUR MISSING PICTURES GLITCH NOT FIXED

When is this going to be addressed, business is tanking.

Message 1 of 142
latest reply
141 REPLIES 141

Stuff4divas what is the google way of getting your other photos back.

Message 46 of 142
latest reply

It's not "may be".....it's a fact that right now over 600 of my listings do not have any photos and approximately 200 of them only have 1 photo.

Message 47 of 142
latest reply

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!  I guess there's a first time for everything.

Message 48 of 142
latest reply

So far I have counted over 150 of my listings missing their photos. If I have to redo these it will be two weeks of work. 

I just got off the phone with India and , as usual, received only non-answers, just patronizing quotes like, "Oh, I know it's inconvenient to have a few listings without photos." It's not inconvenient is is ZERO sales possible for any of those 150+ listings. 150+ is not a few. That is LOST REVENUE, not an inconvenience. With my average per-item selling price, THAT'S NEARLY $10,000 WORTH OF MERCHANDISE UNABLE TO BE SOLD!

Then add on top of it that eBay doesn't even have the courtesy of letting buyers know that EBAY is having a technical issue. Instead it looks like we sellers have not added photos to our sales, because that's literally what the text says. "The seller has not uploaded any pictures."

As usual, eBay has not proactively informed sellers of an extremely important and potentially disasterous issue and has not let buyers know that it is not the sellers causing the issue. No information on when this will be fixed and what that fix will mean.

My prediction, and I really hope I'm proven wrong, is that the issue will silently be fixed for future listings, but the currently affected listings will have to be redone by the sellers with no accepting of responsibility, no apology and no compensation of any kind for potentially tens of hours of work having to be redone.

This is sticking with my 20 years of experience of eBay not caring about sellers and 99% of the time siding with buyers, no matter the issue, and not compensating for services not rendered.

Message 49 of 142
latest reply

alan@ebay

I am having the same problem with my GTC listings missing pictures.

Message 50 of 142
latest reply

i have done the work around to get the main picture back but i don't hold any hope that the remaining pics of close ups etc will ever be restored so im just going to bite the bullet and re-take pictures.

this all coincides with ebay asking me to have free shipping, free returns and dropping my top rated seller status.  im not stepping into that circus ring.

I just changed my handling to 2 business days, less stress, now i don't have to stay up until 4am when i get an order for 40 cuts of fabric land on me at 1am.

i feel so much happier ...well apart from having to retake a **bleep** ton of photos

Message 51 of 142
latest reply

alan@ebay

I am having the same problem with my GTC listings missing pictures.  There is no picture at all for these listings. 

Message 52 of 142
latest reply

If you look at where the photos are supposed to be, it says, "The seller hasn't uploaded any photos....". Can eBay for once take blame for something and quit making it look like we are the cause? This is a huge gigantic disaster that eBay caused. Why can't eBay own up to it and take the blame? An apology. Compensation. Something. I mean, c'mon!

Message 53 of 142
latest reply

I feel ya!

Message 54 of 142
latest reply

Just talked to someone at Ebay who talked to the techs. Yes, she said, this issue of having only one photo per listing is a big issue for many sellers and they started getting calls on June 23. "It will probably be resolved in 20 days -- by July 13th" she said !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 55 of 142
latest reply

I did a "quick reply which does not show up.  So am replying more fully here:

I have about 1600 listings and was editing 1-500 when I got this notice that 113 out of the first  500 I was editing had a picture problem.  The problem was that each listing now had only one photo, though I had made most of the listings recently with up to 12 photos.  All were simply gone.  I was shocked and called Ebay.  Got transferred to a tech woman who said the issue has been going on since June 23rd and that Ebay was working on it....  I asked how long and she said 20 days -- July 13th.  Don't ask me how they have a date for this.  She took my seller name and added it to the list of people with problems.

This is very upsetting.

Message 56 of 142
latest reply

That didn't work on my listing.  

Message 57 of 142
latest reply

Ebay customer service staff is worthless.  I am on the phone with a rep named Kim from the Philipines ID #101297349 and he acted like it was my error.  He has no idea what I am talking about and wanted to walk me through the process of uploading the images.  He kept repeating that Ebay has no known problem.  I have been on the phone with him for over 30 min now.  He wanted for me to send him all the listing IDs so he can research this.  This is by far the worst customer service I have ever had.  He kept telling to go in and revised the listing and my photo will show up.  Ughhhh!!!

Message 58 of 142
latest reply

I still have only one photo, the gallery photo, though my listings were listed with an average of 6-10 shots showing details.

Message 59 of 142
latest reply

@sourcemyeyefordesign wrote:

When is this going to be addressed, business is tanking.

Ebay screwed up again, I reported it to their IT team, but I see more and more photos disappearing every day. I spent thousands of hours listing my items, and taking photos, 10's of thousand seller have same problem , if you search product you can see one photo, and the moment you you want to see description this product have no photos, every day photos disappear on front of my eyes i have more than 8000 items and i pay more than $2000 fees to ebay every month "THIS IS A SHIP IN IN BERMUDA TRIANGLE"

Elizabeth
Message 60 of 142
latest reply