cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't place a bid

I've tried to bid all morning across two different accounts and the bidding window comes up when I click "place bid" but the window is blank and gets stalled.  Anyone else seeing this?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Can't place a bid

What browser or app are you using? Is it the most recent version?

Any difference if you use a different browser?

Can you place a bid on ebay.ca rather than ebay.com?

I am not experiencing any issues opening a bid window using Firefox 109 on a Windows 10 machine by clicking on the "place bid" button on an item listing without entering any bid amount first.

eburtonlab_0-1675285238696.png

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Can't place a bid

Thanks for the reply.

I've used both microsoft edge and chrome.  same issue.

industriesboilermaker_0-1675285738597.png

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Can't place a bid

Are you able to bid using the eBay app?

Or by using a browser to go to ebay.ca?

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Can't place a bid

I was able to place a bid in the app, but unable through my PC.  I buy things every day on ebay.  i've never had this happen.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Can't place a bid

I have the same issue. I got on Chat with Ebay and they stated it is an issue with an update from yesterday.  I can bid on Explorer, but not Chrome browser.  Can also bid on Ebay App on Iphone.  They are working it, and hope to have a resolution soon.  Frustrating!  

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Can't place a bid

If you can bid using one browser but not another on the same machine, try clearing cache ("for all time" if that is an option) and manually deleting just your eBay cookies once. If that does not help, look at things like add-ons or settings that might cause issues.

Make sure you are not blocking cookies or third-party cookies, JavaScript is enabled and that your browser is up to date.

https://www.whatismybrowser.com/

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Can't place a bid

If you are having problems bidding and you are using Adblocker Ultimate, try uninstalling that add-on -- simply disabling it may not be sufficient.

Another user having this problem has indicated that uninstalling Adblocker Ultimate allowed bids to be placed once again.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/Unable-to-bid-on-item-using-Win-10-Firefox-or-Edge/m-p/33530140...

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Can't place a bid

I’m having the same issue. I can purchase anything on buy it now but am unable to place a bid

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Can't place a bid

I am having this same issue tonight trying to place a bid using Firefox in LINUX. Never had this issue happen. I can not believe after all this time there is no solution other than uninstall adblockers(which only slows the PC down with ads and malware when you do that)or use a phone(which is often times not as secure as a PC with an ethernet connection).

Message 10 of 10
latest reply