cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't delete ended items in my watchlist

blubboman2000
Adventurer

Apparently this has been going on and off for years.  I've tried three browsers, two computers, iPhone - can't get those out of my watchlist.  This has been going on for me for about a week.  Seems so simple....

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Can't delete ended items in my watchlist

Are you having problems with items appearing on the Watch List page itself?

There currently seems to be a problem with Watch List items not deleting from the "All Lists" page, see here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Items-stuck-in-Watch-List-only-when-i-am-viewing-my-A...

If you are actually having problems with the Watch List page itself, try deleting items from your Summary page or from the individual item page itself, and see if that works better for you.

Some users are having problems with functions not working on eBay -- in some cases, temporarily disabling ad blocking seems to help, apparently. Not sure if deleting items is one of those problems, but it might be worth a shot.

I have previously encountered problems deleting multiple items from the Watch List when watching more than 200 items -- if possible, try to get your watch list below that number by moving items to other lists or deleting individual items to see if it works more consistently for you.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

blubboman2000
Adventurer

I'm looking at "All" on my All Lists screen.  If I go to Summary, the deleted items are gone but still show in the "All" list.  I don't want to use the summary since i have a lot of items in my watch list.  I have load page after page to see all the items whereas "All" shows everything on one screen.  This was working fine about a week ago but now stuck (and just about forever before that).

I am well under 200 items and still stuck with this.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

blubboman2000
Adventurer

I did the "All Buying" delete and that seems to have driven the "All Lists" to update finally.  Am I going to need to keep doing that?

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

@blubboman2000 

I did the "All Buying" delete and that seems to have driven the "All Lists" to update finally. Am I going to need to keep doing that?

Unknown. For the moment I would avoid deleting items directly from the "All Lists" page. Deleting items directly from individual lists seems to work, and deleting Watch List items from the "All Buying" page seems to work.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

I, too, am having this problem for about 4 days now.  I've spoken to eBay twice but still no resolution.  There are no items in my watch list but I can't remove entries from my ebay (show all lists) area.  This includes All List Items, Active, and Ended.  I have tried multiple browsers.  Mobile vs. PC.  I've tried adding items back to watch lists and trying to remove them again.  Nothing is working which has had a serious impact on my workflow. 

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

For Watch List items that are on your All Lists page, try deleting those items from this "All Buying" page instead:

https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&currentpage=MyeBayNextAllBuying

If the item does not already appear on that page, open the individual item listing and add it to the Watch List again, then delete it from that "All Buying" page.

Avoid deleting items directly from the "All Lists" page for the time being; try deleting those items from the item page or the individual list that the item is on.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

I've had this problem for over a week now.The mobile version works correctly,but the version on the personal computer gives exactly the same error

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Me too. It started for me last Monday, Sept 14. I can’t delete anything from my ‘Summary’ or ‘Watch List’.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

@hawk54 

Me too. It started for me last Monday, Sept 14. I can’t delete anything from my ‘Summary’ or ‘Watch List’.

What browser are you using?

Try another browser or try temporarily disabling your ad blocker, if you use one.

Or try using the "All Buying" link to delete Watch List items from that page:

https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&currentpage=MyeBayNextAllBuying

If you are using the "All Lists" page, do not delete items from that page -- that seems to cause problems lately.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Perfect!  I don't see any way to navigate to the page that you listed without following your link but it absolutely did the trick.  Thank you!

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

The method above helped me as well.This is a slightly different formatted page of my personal account on eBay.And I also don't know how I can switch to this format without your link.I will hope that the "smart heads" on eBay will find a way to fix this error.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

@aninmuz 

I also don't know how I can switch to this format without your link.

Bookmark that link for future use.

You can also make that page a browser home page or your eBay landing page if you want.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

I've been doing this for the last month and a half.But today, work with lists was finally restored.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

This is two years later, but I've started having this issue too. The thing is it'll say I removed the items from the Ended list, but then I'll go back, or try to add something new to my watchlist, and lo and behold. They're still freaking there. It's actually been causing a lot of problems.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply