cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculated shipping overcharged and refund not acknowledged by eBay

The eBay calculator had grossly overcharged--by $21---postage for a package. My buyer must have just purchased without really looking at that inflated charge. Anyway, when I was mailing it I noticed it and refunded the buyer the overage. So that is the first issue--what's up with the calculator malfunction?

Second issue is that when I refund the buyer--this one and one other recently where I combined packages and wanted to refund them--it is not acknowledged by eBay as it was in the past with the partial $ dollar sign so I presume that my fees they took for the shipping costs have not be refunded to me. 

Has anyone else experienced this? And if eBay is listening, please fix this. This is a terrible problem. No wonder the item I sold took forever with that erroneous, bloated shipping cost.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Calculated shipping overcharged and refund not acknowledged by eBay

eBay's basc policy si to not give partial refunds for final value fees, though there have ben reports that calls to customer support have gotten the credits.  I guess it depends on what your time is worth.

Figuring out your problem with the shipping calculator would require all the details of the situation: Package weight and dimensions, service used, both ZIP Codes, both prices.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply