cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

404? I've never seen a 404 code on ebay...

404? I've never seen a 404 code on ebay, and neither has my ole man, and he's was on ebay since the mid to late 90's.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

An Unexpected Error has occurred.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

quality coding at its finest....surely they can pack more stuff on a single page. every layer of complication adds an additional failure point. The miracle is that the site can continue to run at all
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

I know what a 404 message is. What I said is, "I've never seen a 404 code on ebay."

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

I wholeheartedly agree. The search engine is totally buggy. You put in a set of keywords, and it totally overlooks them. In the words of Bill, the cat, "Pbbbbffffssst."
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

@datcakelady 

The search engine is totally buggy. You put in a set of keywords, and it totally overlooks them.

You can bypass the "smart" search expansion features by putting one of your keywords in quotes or using an exclusion term along with your keywords.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

yep, here too. using Firefox and getting the 404 page when trying to get to my ebay or a sellers list or an item page. What's up with this?!?!??

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Yesterday and today, getting 404 errors on many different ebay pages, not necessarily searches. The main page won't even load.
W7P/64 Using Firefox 76.0.1 There's an update which I'll install.
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Very strange how this page loads fine but plain old ebay.com no luck.
ebay are you listening???
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

@cadillacmike68 

Having no issues loading eBay pages in multiple browsers here in the northeast using Comcast.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Add me to the 404 error parade, but only in Firefox ver. 77.0.1 64 bit. Site works fine in Chrome or Opera.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

[too slow -- see the post above]

Here is a post from a user getting 404 errors in Firefox, yet not in Chrome or Opera:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/404-Errors-in-Firefox/m-p/30990582/highlight/true#M1604359

Perhaps there is a setting or add-on in Firefox that is causing an issue.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

I'm also using Firefox and having intermittent problems. Sometimes the site is fine and then it goes to error 404. Right now I'm unable to create new ads because it goes to this error. Very annoying.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

I don't think it has anything to do with our browsers. I was getting the 404 error for about 15 minutes and then just like that things were back to normal. No changes to my browser when it comes to updates or add on's.
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Same here !! Everything works when checking the items link with Chrome, but in Firefox I am just getting 404 error since this morning !!

Message 15 of 17
latest reply