cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fulfillment API returns unexpected 32200 error

Hi,

From yesterday, the fulfillment API suddenly fails to create the shipment status, it returns a unexpected 32200 error message.

Example as below:

Web Service URI:
https://api.ebay.com/sell/fulfillment/v1/order/09-10464-18383/shipping_fulfillment

Request Body:
{
"lineItems": [
{
"lineItemId": "10056778794509",
"quantity": "1"
}
],
"shippedDate": "2023-08-27T01:09:02.768Z",
"shippingCarrierCode": "ARAMEX",
"trackingNumber": "MP0024944581"
}

Call Response:

Response body:
{
"errors": [
{
"errorId": 32200,
"domain": "API_FULFILLMENT",
"category": "REQUEST",
"message": "Invalid line item id: ''"
}
]
}

Tokens and lineItemId are valid, but the error message said "Invalid line item id" and didn't echo the line item id provided.

Please advice why this error happen and how to resolve?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Yes, I am getting the same exact error, please help! It started about 2 days ago and it's not fixed yet.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

It seems that it's a technical bug as my friend's API account has the same problem. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Yes, i think it's not reading the Request Body JSON correctly, the error states: "message": "Invalid line item id: ''" , but there's no LineItemID displayed, which means it is searching for a null input. eBay API states the LineItemID should be a String, which is what I had, but seems it's not reading it. Hope eBay notice this issue and fix it correctly. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I find that if you provide a correct line item id, you will get  "message": "Invalid line item id: ''" .

But if you provide a wrong line item id, such as 123, you will get "message": "Invalid line item id: '123'".

I think that something wrong happens after it get the correct line item id, for example it use the wrong variable name and get null value instead.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I have the same problem since last Friday. Let's try contact support to get this fix as soon as possible.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Looks like the issue is resolved. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Yes,  it is fixed

Message 8 of 8
latest reply