cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help identifying this Royal Doulton pattern

I would have thought this would be easy to identify, but can't find it anywhere....

I'm reading it as:  C U Y P - which I'm not finding anywhere.  Nor in searches for Royal Doulton 'green shamrock'

Only showing the pitcher but also have the bowl, with same design and same markings

IMG_9724.JPGIMG_9722.JPGIMG_9721.JPGappreciation in advance for your input. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: need help identifying this Royal Doulton pattern

It looks like part of a wash set.  There's a chamber pot currently listed; search for Doulton clover  art nouveau chamber pot.

Janet

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Here is a pitcher and wash basin: https://ehive.com/objects?accountId=5909&query=doulton&facet=account_name_facet%3AHill+End+Historic+...

Looks like the pattern is D3556.

Janet

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

This is the original poster again.  THanks, Janet,  for  your help and suggestions

I see both listings that you refer to. 

The chamber pot that is listed as "clover" pattern certainly matches what I have, but further searching of Royal Doulton "clover" pattern turns up something completely different at Replacements:   https://www.replacements.com/china-royal-doulton-clover/c/198375

so I think that that listing might be in error? 

I see also the pitcher and wash basin that you refer to on ehive.  Mine also has the # D355__ (something for last digit - maybe a 6, maybe a G) but all the other Royal Doulton patterns I've seen have a word or phrase as the pattern name rather than a number, so still trying to find that pattern name, if possible. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

The person who listed the chamber pot was probably just describing the pattern, not saying it is named Clover.  If you look on the replacements site under Doulton, click on the left "Name Begins With" D.  There are thousands of patterns that have no names, just a number.

Janet

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Agree about the "clover" on the chamberpot.

Thanks for explaining about the pattern names (or lack thereof) on the Royal Doulton, and all the other help

Message 6 of 6
latest reply