cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potties - Help with Figurals

I know that these probably have no value, but I'd really like to know what they are.  Stand about 2" high.  If it weren't for the animals on top, they'd resemble thimbles, but only for people with very fat fingers.

Anyone have a clue? Thanks in advance.

DSCF3752.JPGDSCF3753.JPGDSCF3756.JPG

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Potties - Help with Figurals

There's a set up here on eBay, search for "3 Different Vtg Enesco Figural Barnyard Animal Thimbles, Pig, Chicken, Calf". They don't show the Enesco mark in their photos though. A Google search brings up several more referenced as Enesco also. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do they have vent holes at the tops? Maybe pie birds.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

There's a set up here on eBay, search for "3 Different Vtg Enesco Figural Barnyard Animal Thimbles, Pig, Chicken, Calf". They don't show the Enesco mark in their photos though. A Google search brings up several more referenced as Enesco also. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

That's it, you nailed it! As I said, they look like thimbles, but I cannot imagine how anyone could use them for that purpose. Not only are the holes too large, but with those animals on top?  Perhaps they're only meant to be decorative in someone's sewing room.

Thank you.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

But pie birds was a good guess. 🙂

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

So you know what they are now... explain to me what they do?? I've never seen them before, and I'm old!

Syrup bottle toppers? 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

As stated - they are "thimbles". They just can't be used as thimbles, even though that's how they are marketed. I've since found lots of samples online, some like mine, some with Christmas figures on them. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Franklin Mint issued a bunch of these collectible thimbles by different porcelain companies and probably sold the little wooden display case you can see them in if you google. Like all the Franklin Mint stuff, it cost plenty when new and it's hard to get rid of at a fraction of that.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply