cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me identify this glass vase

I recently inherited this glass vase.  It is about 7" tall, is made of a good quality crystal (it has a nice "ring" when tapped), has an embossed pattern on the glass as shown and has a fifty cent piece size smooth mark on the bottom where the original pontil mark was smoothed off.  There is  no maker's mark on it.

The entire top rim has small triangular-shaped cuts.  I know the vase it old because it came down through my family.  I would really like to know more about it so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!  Bill

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It may not have been made for the US market and the rules in the 20's may have allowed paper labels. But is has the 20-30s look to me.
george

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

There's no need to post this twice.
Janet
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Sorry, I'm new to posting on ebay; this is my first try and I find the whole process confusing.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@ptowner wrote:

Sorry, I'm new to posting on ebay; this is my first try and I find the whole process confusing.

Not to worry, you're fine and we understand.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@ptowner

I know you may have gotten confused on your first post as the Mod's moved only a part of your very 1st posted thread from the community board to an arts board.
This I am sure caused you great confusion . And shouldn't happen

With that said I know you had responded to me on your first posted thread that your new to this  &
We understand finding your way back can be confusing

You can always find your posts by clicking under your user name & it will show you all of your posts.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Thank  you for your second helpful response.  Based on your first response, I did repost my first listing and I did respond to you to thank you, but my response to you didn't get posted.  These are my very first attempts at posting, although I've used ebay to buy and sell for years.  I clicked the "Help" button on the top of the posting page and tried to follow the instructions, but they are confusing.  I'll get better with experience and with the help of nice people like you.  May your two little acts of kindness come back to you tenfold.   Regards, Bill

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@ptowner
Not a problem, you will learn the boards & find great help here from posters.
Don't let your first attempt scare you away Smiley Happy
Anytime you have question about the boards & don't understand them post on the Community board (circled below) and ask. Someone will guide you

Many groups like the Pottery & glass are very hard to find because they are really hidden not so easy to find.

community board.JPG

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I still think it is European mold blown wwith the pattern in the mold. You said in your other posting that the pattern was raised above the glass.
george
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

After listening to your feedback and doing some searches on my own on-line, I am going to be satisfied that this is European hand-blown-in-a-mold.  I found some Czechoslovian vases with similar but not exact patterns, also embossed on top of the glass.  One source said the pieces weren't signed because they were made before US import laws required it. Would that make sense.?  Again, any help narrowing this down will be greatly appreciated. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

It may not have been made for the US market and the rules in the 20's may have allowed paper labels. But is has the 20-30s look to me.
george
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

yes, it is one of those persistent myths that if a piece is not marked with country of origin it was made before the laws requiring so were in place.  in addition to paper labels many pieces were simply not marked with country of origin and imported nonetheless.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply