cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over-sized Brown Transferware Cup with Pagodos Aesthetic Era?? Maker Help

Been searching for a few days and I can not find the pattern on this over-sized brown transferware cup.  It is not signed (most likely worn off).  It holds 24 oz or 3 cups and stands 4" tall.  I thought may be the round styled handle was a clue I check Meakin, Clarice Cliff, Royal Staffordshire and pages and pages of brown transferware by more obscure makers and nothing.   Thank you for looking I appreciate the feedback and help.

RickBrownTransferwareCup3.JPGBrownTransferwareCup4.JPGBrownTransferwareCup1.JPGBrownTransferwareCup9.JPGBrownTransferwareCup9a.JPG

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

This is a British straight sided, footed breakfast cup with a ring handle similar to one pictured in Berthoud’s “A Compendium of British Cups”, page 209, plate 1251.  Yours is decorated with a Chinoiserie pattern.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thank you for the info.  I do not have that book but the info is very helpful.  Does the book give an age estimate?  I was thinking 1890 but I am not sure.   It is odd that I can not find the pattern.  Appreciate your input and sharing.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Sorry, I thought I included that info. 1860s.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Not odd at all about not being able to find the pattern.  I have 5 books on transfer patterns and I quite often can’t find ones I’m looking for, particularly when you don’t even have the manufacturer.  The one in the book was also unidentified.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thank you so much for taking the time.  Really great info.  I can now proceed with listing.  Hope you have a good day and may all your treasure hunts be fun and fruitful.  Rick

Message 6 of 6
latest reply