cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original or Repro WM Iridescant Salt & Pepper Shakers

This is a beautiful set of salt and pepper shakers with the WM mark on the bottom.  They are in such great shape with the lids being shiny silver metal which makes me think that possibly they are repros.  I tried to photo the WM mark but because of the iridescent shinyness I could not get a good photo. I did a google and Ebay search but have not been able to find these listed in either places.  Looking for verification that they are originals.  Any info or comments are appreciated.  Thank you.  Jocipr best.jpg

ruler.jpg

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

How about a photo of the mark?

george
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

thanks for your request for the photo George.  I tried about 10 different ways to get the WM mark on the bottom but none of the photo were clear enough to post.  Any ideas as to the best way to try to photo the bottom to get the mark will be appreciated.  thanks.  Joci

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I'm a bit confused as to what you think these are.

The "WM" embossed mark should be clearly indicative that these are Westmoreland Glass.

The lids are shiny because these "Violet" pearlized shakers are essentially new.  

Do you think these are vintage?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

thanks for your reply pothagg.  I really did not know if they were repros or yes true vintage so that is why I posted here for info.   Your comment is much appreciated. Joci

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I am not sure that I understand the reply "did you think these are true vintage?".  Still a bit confused to that answer.  I know that WM items have been made for years, some long ago which will qualify as vintage, and some newer (50-60s) that would not be considered vintage.  Can some one on this board give more clarification as to possible age of these pretty WM Salt and Pepper shakers?  Info and replies much appreciated. Thanks.  Joci

Message 6 of 6
latest reply