cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limoges France Conversation Piece Teapot?

Good afternoon,

I have a two part question regarding Limoges France marked porcelain.

I came across a very huge teapot at a thrift store that was marked Limoges France only with no 

maker's mark.  Would it be considered fake?  I searched for an an answer to that question on google but did not

come across one. I did find a few items sold on ebay that were marked Limoges France only but I realize that doesn't mean anything.

Also,  the piece is question is a cobalt teapot with portrait images on both sides.  I can't recall if if was the

same portrait on both sides. It is a huge piece.  I do not have pics as the store clerk would not allow any pics.

I'm guessing it was about 1  1/2 feet tall. Has anyone ever seem one like it.  Do you think perhaps it was made 

for a store display? 

Thanks for any help

TEX
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Limoges France Conversation Piece Teapot?

you need to post photos of the piece and marks.  Just marked Limoges, France could be fake but just as well could be a legit import mark with no mention of maker, or could be the piece was imported undecorated and decorated in the US.

also, with the dealer not allowing photos I would guess it is overpriced and not worth purchasing in the first place.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks, md1919...I appreciate your help.  

I was just curious also because I couldn't find another teapot that huge. lol

If I go back , I'll try to sneak a pic if it's still there. 

TEX
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

The store clerk wouldn't allow pics? Say what??? How could they stop you - knock you down?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Sounds interesting, but no photos is a dumb wrinkle. Do they want to sell it or not??

Message 5 of 5
latest reply