cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID Assistance Needed For Vaseline Pressed Glass Creamer & Sugar - Please Help Glassies

Hello All.  I recently purchased this pressed glass creamer and open sugar set in the canary (vaseline) color.  I've been unable to identify the pattern or maker.  The set appears to be quite old with ground bases, numerous inclusions, and other imperfections typical of mid-19th century glass.  The design is a band of ovals over 2 bands of diamonds.  The top edge and foot have a scalloped edge.  Both pieces are approximately 5 3/4" tall.  The set glows brightly under a black light.  Has anyone seen this pattern before?  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide! 

vasunk both.jpgvasunk sugarwhole.jpgvasunk sugarclose1.jpgvasunk sugartop.jpgvasunk sugarunder.jpgvasunk creamside.jpgvasunk blight.jpg

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: ID Assistance Needed For Vaseline Pressed Glass Creamer & Sugar - Please Help Glassies

Beautiful photos.  Have you searched EAPG pattern index site?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Re: ID Assistance Needed For Vaseline Pressed Glass Creamer & Sugar - Please Help Glassies

Yes, I tried the EAPG site before posting.  No luck, but I could have missed it.  I'm thinking it might be flint glass era and possibly hard to identify.  Thanks for the response!

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I'm now leaning towards a European origin, perhaps a Victorian-era English glass company.  But I don't really know.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

If it’s other than EAPG, a knowledgeable group is glassmessages dot com

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks.  I just added a post on that site.  I appreciate your help!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply