cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please with Porcelain Ladies' mark - - N in Circle followed by number

Hi,

Inherited two lovely porcelain ladies' busts with marks N in circle followed by number.

Would like to know where they were made and when?

TIA.

Mia

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Help please with Porcelain Ladies' mark - - N in Circle followed by number

It looks Japanese, possibly Noritaki, although, I don't recognize this mark. Definitely not Capodimonte. I did find some character mugs with this mark.

http://www.figurines-sculpture.com/character-mug-with-a-gold-n-inside-a-gold-circle.html
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Definitely made in Japan. Not Noritake. One of the giftware importers like Ardalt or Sadek etc. Likely late 1950s to early 1960s. "N in a C" a commonly misunderstood mark. Perhaps someone has a link to the ebay guide concerning this mark?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Hi I have the same symbol on a bowl. The foil tag is still attached it has some of the writing visible. Lenw... it is a ardalt lenwile piece made in Japan.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

It pretty much took me to ebay motors. Does it work for you?
Janet
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

it is a shame that ebay removed the many great guides to help collectors.  this mark was beginning to be understood by the wider community but has again  become the subject of egregious fraud and misunderstanding.  the mark was used by many importers and exporters of japanese porcelains.  it was never and will never be a camille naudot mark or newcomb college mark.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply