cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help identify pressed glass dish - triangle maker mark?

003.JPGHi- this is a beautiful old pressed glass dish (like a powder jar but twice as big), with a maker's mark on the underside of both the bottom and the lid - looks like a triangle or pyramid shape, has absolutely no  letters or numbers or other marking besides this triangular maker mark...  I've search and searched without any luck identifying this maker.  I bought it at an estate sale and was told it is antique, from France.  Can anyone help me id this?

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

search: "Verlys Frosted Glass Love Bird Vase With Holophane Makers Mark! Fenton Sticker" on ebay.  I did find that in France, Holophane made some art glass using Verlys molds.  Looking at the history of Holophane, there is a mark that looks like yours.  I could not find anything that definitly connects your dish with Holophane, but that is a Fenton mold, as well as the dish on ebay, that was aquired from Verlys. 

Maybe George can help?

View Best Answer in original post

Message 17 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Glassies will need to see a photo of the piece taken straight on from the side (not looking down at it), plus they will need measurements Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

Thank you but I'm really just trying to identify this makers mark which is pretty clear in photo.  It is not pattern glass, it is a thick molded raised relief design so perhaps I misspoke when I called it pressed glass.  It is molded pressed glass as opposed to handblown glass.    So I'm not really looking for help identifying any pattern, etc., just he maker mark.  Thanks though!

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Sometimes it is easier to identify the mark by knowing the style of the piece, size, and such.  So a photo of the piece will make that much easier.

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

The mark is more than just a triangle. It's a waffle-weave. It's diamond-shapes. Depends on a person's perspective. 

Good photos of the entire piece are always good to show if you want people to help identify something.

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Thank you, but I have already spent hours searching online without finding any matches.

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

One reason a couple of photos may trigger somebodys memory. We do not ask for photos to annoy someone but to assist us in assisting you.
george
Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Thank you for reply, here is a photo from the side.  It measures 6 1/2" across.

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

Very nice dish.  Candy dish.  I've seen many of these marked Fenton, on the inside of the dish frequently, both the bowl and lid parts.  This may be that as well...  Can't see the lid on yours well enough to say for sure, but google Fenton Butterfly candy dish and you will find a few. Different colors and finishes, but same butterflies/moths on the top.  There is one currently on ebay as well.  Check insode and on the inside rim for any other marks.  

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

Thank you for your reply!  I do see one sold recently with the same raised design of moths on the lid (they called them butterflies), but it was marked with Fenton makers marks... The only marks on my dish are the photo shown, the same mark on the underside of the lid, and on the base.... there are NO Fenton marks on my dish, so this seems confusing???

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

Was the Fenton mark the full word or just the script F? The script F is for a mold Fenton acquired from another maker. That triangle mark has a hazy memory of being seen before but I can not pull anything up. James Measell posts over on facebook and likely would know right off. He was the Fenton historian.
george
Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Hello -  my dish has NO Fenton marks, only the triangular marks...  Any help is appreciated - thanks for your reply...

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

...and the other similar dish I saw was marked "Fenton" in an oval...

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Fenton may have aquired the mold from another company.  They would have added their embossed mark, and maybe altered the mold slightly.

Message 15 of 21
latest reply