cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Please With Unique 7" Art Glass Applied Spike or Tendril Handkerchief Vase

Cannot find a match or info on this vase.  It has purple & green applied spikes. Not signed.  Anyone see a vase like this or artist, etc?  Thanks for help. 🤔🤔

IMG_3929.JPGIMG_3931.JPG

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Help Please With Unique 7" Art Glass Applied Spike or Tendril Handkerchief Vase

Looks like somebody was really upset.  No idea who. 25-30 years ago there shops where you slump glass to that bowl shape and maybe the "spikse"are glued on.

george
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Re: Help Please With Unique 7" Art Glass Applied Spike or Tendril Handkerchief Vase

Too me it looks like it has a disease, with tumors.

Sorry. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Thanks for help.  Maybe they are warts.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Haha - I think someone asked about something similar, but it was awhile ago so not remembering. Maybe Italian?

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

jconnor315
Thrill-Seeker

Looks like they had pieces left over from your Bea Lilly Hatala bowl. 🤪

Are you going to list it? To me, it looks like when some plants first pop up from the ground in the Spring, but then I saw the tumor suggestion and now I'm seeing polyps, darn it. I still like it though!

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Yes, I am going to list it jut have not had time yet.  I can't deprive the world of true art!

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

This glorious work of art wart glass sold in one day.  Ioan Tamaian has a "wart" "polyp" "tumor" style also.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Try searching Borek Sipek. It reminds me of his pieces, maybe you'll get lucky! 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

prescient coronavirus design 😎 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply