cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help ID abp cut glass yellow vase

cutyellow1.jpgcutyellow2.jpgcutyellow3.jpgcutyellow4.jpgcutyellow5.jpgcutyellow6.jpg

Anyone know who the maker of this antique yellow cut glass vase might be? It is about 11" tall X 6.50" wide at the top rim. Any help will be much appreciated, THANKS

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Help ID abp cut glass yellow vase

It looks chartreuse over here. Either way I love it. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Does it react to black light?

Patd

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Thanks for looking, an update on this piece is a fellow antique dealer suggested that it looks like it was made by Pairpoint  company in the Raise Diamond pattern.  I did google it and their  is a clear piece like it in the Corning Museum.  Still doing more homework on it and will keep you posted.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

yes it does react to my black light, looks like an electric florescent green color with the light
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Also called Vaseline.

The normal colour of uranium glass ranges from yellow to green depending on the oxidation state and concentration of the metal ions, although this may be altered by the addition of other elements as glass colorants. Uranium glass also fluoresces bright green under ultraviolet light and can register above background radiation on a sufficiently sensitive Geiger counter, although most pieces of uranium glass are considered to be harmless and only negligibly radioactive. wiki

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@poppyswag wrote:

Also called Vaseline.

The normal colour of uranium glass ranges from yellow to green depending on the oxidation state and concentration of the metal ions, although this may be altered by the addition of other elements as glass colorants. Uranium glass also fluoresces bright green under ultraviolet light and can register above background radiation on a sufficiently sensitive Geiger counter, although most pieces of uranium glass are considered to be harmless and only negligibly radioactive. wiki

Also, only the yellow uranium glass is "Vaseline Glass", green is just green uranium glass Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

These are often referred to as mantle lusters.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

THANKS for the information, my wife will freak out it if she thought it may be radioactive. I know I have had Vaseline glass over the years but none with this quality. thanks again
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Overview on Vaseline/Uranium Glass in Collectors Weekly.

https://www.collectorsweekly.com/glassware/vaseline-glass

Message 10 of 10
latest reply