cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hand Blown Vintage Glass Vase - Help identifying Style, Manufacturer, Value?

DSC02447.JPGDSC02450.JPGDSC02454.JPGDSC02457.JPGDSC02458.JPGDSC02448.JPG

I unearthed these lovely vases at an estate sale and am contemplating keeping them for myself....unless they're worth at least a car payment !   I could tell they were hand blown from the nub at the bottom and air bubbles in the glass but inspite of browsing hundreds of current and completed auctions and reading all the hand blown glass posts in this forum, I can't find any clues.    I hope you're inspired to share your insight ! 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Hand Blown Vintage Glass Vase - Help identifying Style, Manufacturer, Value?

these have been made for the last 100 years or so.  the most recent ones are from asia.  I believe you have recent ones.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Re: Hand Blown Vintage Glass Vase - Help identifying Style, Manufacturer, Value?

Hi there, I am a great lover of glass and have a wonderful collection myself.  My advice is, if you love them, keep them.  I agree with the other person, they are probably made in Asia, the glass is not good quality and you certainly will never pay for a car from them BUT you never know!  Put them somewhere nice in your home, they are lovely and Christmassy and some lovely Australian Christmas bush would look sensational in them.

Best wishes and Happy Christmas!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank you for your thoughtful reply ! 

Just curious:  How do you know what good quality glass is? . . .

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I am very confident that your set was made in China in the 1970's or early 80's.  Several years ago, someone here posted an old catalog from the Chinese company that made these vases and it was dated.   I saved the images somewhere, on an old computer, you will just have to take my word for it until I have time to hunt down all of my old reference material in old computers.   These were made in several color combinations.  I have one in a deep bluish-green somewhere and I really like it.  

Message 5 of 5
latest reply