cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Italian 50's/60's Modernist Porcelain Teapot Maker Mark ID Help needed. 'P' over Italy

A very interesting Mid Century Italian teapot marked on the bottom with the letter P "blossoming" over the work Italy.  Can't figure out one thing about the maker!  Any thoughts?  Thanks!!!!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: HELP! Italian 50's/60's Modernist Porcelain Teapot Maker Mark ID Help needed. 'P' over Italy

Pagnossin.  The company has been around since 1919 and is a major influence in Italian tableware design.  I believe the logo dates from the 1970's onward.

Walter Del Pellegrino

Walter Del Pellegrino

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: HELP! Italian 50's/60's Modernist Porcelain Teapot Maker Mark ID Help needed. 'P' over Italy

Pagnossin.  The company has been around since 1919 and is a major influence in Italian tableware design.  I believe the logo dates from the 1970's onward.

Walter Del Pellegrino

Walter Del Pellegrino
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thanks a lot Walter! Much appreciated!

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Interesting thought I had Walter. Assuming this is a mass produced item from the 70's onward, shouldn't there be a slew of examples popping up on the internet?  I've been trying several different searches and have not seen one other one out there.  Might this be a 'special' production?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

It is possible that this teapot had a limited run but usually it would be marked s such.  It is more likely that the design did not meet sales expectations and was discontinued quickly.

Walter Del Pellegrino
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I have 2 of the cup and saucer.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply