cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good morning Glass People---please Help!

Good morning, folks. I have a lead crystal item. I think it would be described as a paperweight? I think it would be described as a horse or cow? The item is 5 1/2" tall & 6 1/2" wide & weighs almost 4 lbs. The cow? horse? anteater? has clear glass on the head & black & white mottled on the body. Any help would be greatly appreciated! ginaIMG_3064.JPGIMG_3066.JPGIMG_3070.JPGIMG_3071.JPG

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Good morning Glass People---please Help!

Looks like a Holestien cow to me. No idea who dunit.
george
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Since a Holstein is a black and white spotted cow, that's what I would go with.  It definitely looks like a cow.  I like it.

You may never find who made it, but if you want to list it on ebay, I think it would sell (lots of people like cows).  

Describe it as cased glass, black white and clear, with a ground base.  Art Glass.  It looks small in the photos, but if it weighs 4 lbs, maybe the photos are not showing his true size(?).  Try to work on that.  Also, Use the words Cow and Holstein, paperweight maybe and I think you have a winner.  Good luck!

Pam
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Since there are several on ebay right now, it's likely new and imported from Asia.
Pam
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thank you All! gina
Message 5 of 5
latest reply