cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glass - Help with Opalescent Glass Vase Please

Hello - I have this opalescent glass vase that I am trying to identify. There are no marks that I can see.  Would this be considered a Jack in Pulpit vase? Any help will be greatly appreciated! 

007.JPG009.JPG010.JPG016.JPG008.JPG

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Glass - Help with Opalescent Glass Vase Please

Hi - yes I would consider this to be a Jack in the Pulpit style vase. The pattern is called Jubilee and was first introduced by McKee in 1897, however, I'm not sure that this piece was made by them. Several of these old patterns were remade by later companies. I couldn't find anything with a quick search, but at least that is a place to start. Someone else might know for sure. Very pretty piece!
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Thank you so much for the information!

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I can't seem to find this pattern in opalescent glass by anybody - including McKee. Interesting. 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Perhaps a mystery piece. I had looked in my Opalescent book and didn't see it listed. That is why I thought maybe someone else did it. I can look again in case it might be in there under a different name.
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I was still not able to find anything else. You may want to visit the EAPG Facebook group. They have a wealth of knowledge and might be able to help.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/146031692077139?ref=share

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Thank you, I appreciate all you have done. I have posted it on another board on another site. I'll see what that comes back with. 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

That is SOOOO pretty! I have not seen 1 like that. I would have a hard time letting that 1 go!

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Thank you, it is gorgeous! 

I have asked on other boards and noone can seem to find an absolute maker. I'll just go with the information I have - Jubilee/Hickman pattern, unknown maker. 

Thanks everyone for input.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@mrs_b*s_collectibles_and_more wrote:

Hello - I have this opalescent glass vase that I am trying to identify. There are no marks that I can see.  Would this be considered a Jack in Pulpit vase? Any help will be greatly appreciated! 

I believe your vase was made to appear as the "Diamond Classic" pattern by Mosser, I do not believe it is a Mosser piece however as the glass is lacking a very subtle iridescence that the Mosser pieces usually display. Tons of that stuff was knocked off over a fairly broad range of years so pretty hard to pin down the origins.

Cheers.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I agree not Moser (one S} but think Mosser (2 S's) Cambridge Oh is a likely suspect. They are currently operating and have catalogs on line.
george
Message 11 of 11
latest reply