cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EAPG Glass Water Pitcher - IS THIS THE REAL DEAL?

IMG_8885.JPGHi, I rIMG_8879.JPGIMG_8880.JPGIMG_8881.JPGIMG_8882.JPGIMG_8883.JPGIMG_8884.JPGIMG_8885.JPGecently acquired this lovely clear glass pitcher featuring a hunter, dog, and deer.  Research indicates that is likely done by Gillinder & Sons, standing at just over 10" Tall at the highest point.

The etching is excellently executed and features a dramatic scene of a 19th century gentleman’s hunt. The etching pattern is called “#14 Hunter, Dog and Deer.”

My question to you is based on my pictures and the description I provide, is this pitcher truly EAPG Glass by Gillinder & Sons as another seller stated in a description of an item she sold recently.

Any insight you can provide on this pitcher and it's realistic value would be greatly appreciate.  I am not a glass expert, but others out there may be able to guide me in the right direction.  TIA.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: EAPG Glass Water Pitcher - IS THIS THE REAL DEAL?

With the applied handle like that, it is most likely the real deal. You can get an expert opinion in the EAPG Facebook group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/146031692077139/
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thank you so much.  I have requested to join that group and hopefully other members will be able to help me out with this pitcher and other items I acquire.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

It is the real deal nice find. You can look at the pitchers here for details http://www.eapgs.org/patterns/
george
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thank you so much for providing a link to the EAPG website.  So in your knowledge of EAPG and possibly this pattern, do you have any idea of value?  The seller that sold a pitcher like this on Ebay recently sold it for $175 which I think is kind of steep, but I am not a glass expert (and I am very thrifty) so I want to insure I price this item right when I finally do list it.  TIA again....any and all help is very much appreciated.  Melissa

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

It is a gorgeous piece. I see you have confirmation. As with anything, it's worth what someone will pay for it. Take a look at the sold items. Are they auction or BIN? If auction, how many bidders? What was their start price? There is usually someone looking to complete a collection, but what they will pay?????
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Sounds like a reasonable deal to me.
george
Message 7 of 7
latest reply