cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone help me identify the pattern or maker of this Depression Glass vase?

I inherited this vase and would like to know what it is so I can try to find other pieces in this pattern.

The vase is about 7" tall, appears to be good quality clear crystal and has many little triangular cuts around the rim.  The bottom has a shaved pontil so it's a hand-blown piece.  Even though the pattern looks similar to Forstoria Navarre a friend of mine who knows a lot about Depression Glass says its not Navarre.  Any  help or leads would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I don't know much about glass, but I think this is etched, so it would be elegant rather than depression.
Somebody correct me....
Janet
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

With the rim decoration it does not look depression era to me at least from the USA. Is the design raised aboiive the surface of the glass or below the surface like etched would be?
george
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

If it's raised above the surface, that would be...? Pressed? Thanks, George.
Janet
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The pattern is raised above the glass.  The vase appears to be good quality crystal (it has a nice "ring" when tapped) and there is fifty cent piece size shaved area on the bottom where the pontil mark would have been.  Does that help?  Did any American Depression Glass makers use raised patterns?  This has been in the family for a number of generations so I know it's not new.  Thanks for your help!  Bill

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

The design is printed on the glass with something like a screen printing technique. I still think European perhaps the 1920s or even post WW2.
george
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

With the optic panels and shape typically mold blown and yes the design could have been in the mold. This may be a better technique than the "printing" I suggest in another post.
george
Message 7 of 7
latest reply