cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stolen postcards

I have an ebay friend who could use some help locating postcards that were stolen from her. They were stolen about 15 years ago so they could show up just about anywhere. The ones that she is most interested in finding were sent to her from her dad during WWII. Some of them were cards that had a picture of some historical building or place on the front, opened on 3 sides at perforations - the person receiving them tore them open at the perfs to see the message inside. (anyone know what to call those?) Her dad traveled a lot in the US and Canada but she also had pcs from other relatives. So what we are looking for are postcards addressed to: Natalie B. Fredrick, Evanston, Illinois. Please be on the lookout for those. Appreciate any help. Thanks. Lana
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

stolen postcards

daveypn
Enthusiast
Hi Lana not likely to see any this side of the pond, but I think the correct term for such things is "letter cards". Good luck! Paul
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

stolen postcards

dmhcollectibles
Enthusiast
Sorry to hear about your friend's stolen cards. Locating them is worth trying, and an admirable effort, but maybe a bit difficult due to the amount of time that's passed. Good luck! p.s., I agree with the letter card designation. Diane

Contact me about how to get free shipping for postcards you buy!
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

stolen postcards

I realize that it is a long shot but I'd appreciate it you would keep your eyes open for any postcards or letter cards with her name. Thanks for all your help. Lana
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

stolen postcards

no9mermaid
Enthusiast
Lana, you might also suggest that your friend set up a favorite search on eBay with the name and location you mentioned, and make sure the search is marked for title AND description. Many postcard sellers list senders, recipients and locations/postmarks in their descriptions. Couldn't hurt! Lori
Message 5 of 5
latest reply