cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too All Plus-Size Sellers

A really clear and detailed description is SO important! Particularly measurements! As we all know, "3x" can run anywhere from a 45" bust to a 55" bust, or more. Please tell us the exact bust size, and please take a second to multiply it so we don't have to do the math. If the garment measures 30" across the front, the bust measurement is 60" (unless it's a really unusual garment). Just write 60" and save us the mental gymnastics. Length is also important, whether it's tops or pants or skirts. The more of this information you give, the easier it will be for us to buy your item. Thanks.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Even when I know the brand, my personal favs are Lauren Ralph Lauren, Talbots and Orvis. I am always asking sellers for the measurements ( they more times than not aren't included) and the reason I do is that I made several mistakes thinking I was a particular size in RL clothing only to find that not all sizes were the same. Even though it was for the same manufacturer. And some manufacturers have 'outlet' clothing and some just send their past season wear to their outlets. 

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

I sell on eBay, and I've been buying plus size clothes for myself now and then with the profits. 

My pet peeve is when a seller feels they need to photograph the plus sized clothes on a mannequin, and pull it back tight like they would smaller sized shirts and dresses. So it looks sexy with the mannequins tiny waist synched, but how do I know it will fit my not so tiny, un-mannequin like waist? 

I have a 1/2 mannequin for selling and they do tell you to use clothes pins to hold back the excess fabric when photographing for a listing. But for plus sizes I want to show more, not less fabric. 

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

Ah rosie, rosie, leave us our fantasies!

But you are right. sigh.

Message 18 of 18
latest reply