cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where can i find a sellers PayPal email ?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@paulbern 

You can only message a seller via the Ebay platform.  No email addresses are divulged unless there is a sale.  The seller would have to give you that info and chances are they won't.  Contact the seller directly thru Ebay if you need help or assistance. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Exactly why would you want their PayPal address?

To send $ to it is paying for something outside eBay and that's  not allowed unless you're  trying to send them money to reship or repay for an item you were refunded for that arrived later.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

You can't find a paypal eMail address because sellers don't give out that info. If you need to contact a seller you must do so through eBay messages.

Contacting a seller in any other fashion other than through eBay is not allowed. 

Contacting a seller | eBay

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

You only need that information when you are going to get scammed and are doing an outside of ebay transaction.  Communicate with the seller ONLY through the Ebay system.   Look at the seller's feedback and the date that they started.  If they have very little feedback and started very recently, for sure, you are about to be scammed.   

You have a lot of feedback.  Had you had none or very little feedback, I would think that you were trying to scam some seller with the fake paypal email  that they have been paid.    Anyway, always pay through the ebay system if you want to be protected by the Ebay MBG.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@paulbern    Not possible to find it because it is not published for other members to see.  Scammers would love to have that information. Why do you want it?

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

OP asks "where can i find a sellers PayPal email?"

The quick and short answer is, you cannot find a seller's PayPal email anywhere.  And certainly not on eBay.  Even in the olden days when eBay and PayPal worked hand-in-hand, buyers did not have access to a seller's PayPal account or the email connected to the account.  

ms.rodriguez* answers:  "You only need that information when you are going to get scammed and are doing an outside of ebay transaction."

I would add that if an eBay "buyer" asks for an eBay seller's PayPal email, that buyer is probably up to no good, and very likely wants to cheat the seller. 

Message to all eBay buyers:  Pay within the eBay system and structure. 
Do NOT try to contact the seller to try to arrange payment outside the eBay.    

Message 7 of 7
latest reply