cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

seller payout without payment information

What happens to the money if I don't enter any payment information before my item sells ?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

@wrenchpuller wrote:

What happens to the money if I don't enter any payment information before my item sells ?

It will go to your state as unclaimed money. Also eBay can restrict your ability to sell if the info they require is not sent. 

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

You won't be paid by eBay. It will eventually go to your state's Unclaimed Property Department.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I think this is fast becoming one of my pet peeves.

WHY would anyone be allowed to list something for sale BEFORE the account is set up and ready to go?

Did you know that you would have to sign up for managed payments to receive money? No? Why not?

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

It would most likely be kept in your eBay account temporarily. To avoid any problems you should definitely enter payment information ASAP.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@pargran3 

Me too!

Not only that, why are these new sellers allowed to list items that are worth thousands of dollars?  Several months ago, someone posted that this the fault of Ebays bad advertising especially on the app.  I believe the advertisement read "List it...it's easy as 1,2, 3."  No where does it state "hey you need to be paid, so add a payment method."  Poshmark has a similar advertisement.  So the items sell and Ebay holds the payments until the seller comes up with a payment outlet.  To me I think this is not only unfair to these new, unsuspecting sellers, it's unfair to the buyers.  These new people think they're going to get paid, 1,2, 3! So if they don't, they're not going to ship it until they do.  Ebay and E commerce sales in general really need a reality check and an overhaul if you ask me.  It's just very unstructured and unprofessional to allow this type of selling behavior continue without having their bases covered.  Sorry for the rant.  I agree with you 100 percent!

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@wrenchpuller 

Ebay will hold on to it until you do.  Get it done as soon as possible.  Since you haven't sold in a while, you're considered a new seller and your funds can be held up to 30 days.  

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I haven't sold in 10 years, back then PayPal was how eBay paided me.  I'll set up my bank info now, Thanks

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

They have a long history of selling. They're  not new at selling. It appears they never enrolled in managed payments or quit selling because they didn't want to enroll and furnish eBay with their SSN or a bank account. It's  not like they're  new at selling and didn't  check how to get paid before listing.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@wrenchpuller wrote:

I haven't sold in 10 years, back then PayPal was how eBay paided me.  I'll set up my bank info now, Thanks

Now, you have to provide a checking account and your SSN to be paid.

Have a great day
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@wrenchpuller 

Good luck and hope you get back in the swing of selling!!!

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@wrenchpuller 

Be sure that the checking account name & ebay account name match "exactly".  You can change your eBay registered name to match the checking account. No "John Doe" on eBay, and "Johnathan Doe" on the checking. The linking will fail.

Wife used a shortened 1st name for eBay. Had to correct it to match the checking.

Many get a new account dedicated to eBay.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I agree.   Ebay needed to block every ID from selling if they have not switched to Managed Payments.  A bigger pet peeve of mine is ebay allowing scammers to list valuable items until the Classified section and then the buyers do not have buyer protection.  

To the poster, what are you waiting for to set up your account?  You need a bank account. It needs to be verified.  You need to give ebay your social security number.  If they ask for a valid ID, you give it to them. The name on the ebay account, the bank account and the social security number MUST match!

Message 13 of 13
latest reply