cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

said he would pay when he could.

A buyer won the bid on an item. I put in congrats on your winning bid. he came back with I will pay when I can. than was a month ago and I would like to cancel the transaction but I can't because it is passed the allowed time to do so and ebay won't let me. how do get this transaction cancelled. I have sent the buyer several messages but have gotten no response from him.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If it's past 30 days from the bid end, there may be nothing you can do. Look under Seller Hub/Orders/Awaiting payment and see if you still have the option to Cancel in the drop-down menu. Bummer...

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

If it's past 30 days from the bid end, there may be nothing you can do. Look under Seller Hub/Orders/Awaiting payment and see if you still have the option to Cancel in the drop-down menu. Bummer...

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

thanks for the input.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I give 48hrs max.  I'm dealing with that now.  I accepted an offer and the buyer hasn't paid.  I normally do "Buy Now" "Pay Now"  for this reason.  I wish eBay would allow the item to stay live until paid for.  Don't have an answer but I feel your pain.  Good Luck 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@somethingneat wrote:

I give 48hrs max.  I'm dealing with that now.  I accepted an offer and the buyer hasn't paid.  I normally do "Buy Now" "Pay Now"  for this reason.  I wish eBay would allow the item to stay live until paid for.  Don't have an answer but I feel your pain.  Good Luck 

eBay gives 4 days...........so you are just cancelling a sale wthout leaving a strike for non payers.

Just FYI you can not leave negative comments on feedback for buyers, if they report this you can get suspended.

@bag2man In future - 

If a buyer hasn’t paid within 4 days, on the 5th day you can go to your Seller Hub to cancel the transaction using the “Buyer hasn't paid” reason and this gives the buyer a strike and you can relist. In future to have eBay automatically cancel your transactions due to non-payment:

Go here:   https://www.ebay.com/Cancel/Preference/UnpaidPurchase                                     

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 5 of 5
latest reply