cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email or pop up invite for mp

--other posters have referenced an email for their invite to register in mp....none of my accounts have rec'd an email, but one has started getting some sort of pop-up  upon sign in that says I am selected to join by 7-31 and should register by 7-15...Does this really mean I am close to being "invited" even though the july dates are well past...

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

"Does this really mean I am close to being "invited" even though the july dates are well past..."

It's pretty meaningless since the dates are old, unless you are already enrolled.

Have you tried to list anything lately? 

Ebay doesn't actually "invite" people to join MP (like a party invitation that you can decline), they demand participation compliance, so I guess if ebay hasn't given you any sort of coherent message or ultimatums, you just wait.

-------------
Posting ID
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I got the message as well. Actually I got probably about 50 messages from ebay reminding me to register and my date was to do it by 7/15 and if I didn't I wouldn't be able to list any new items. I just ignored it and I am still able to list. It also said by end of this year that MOST sellers will be in MP by then. I am just going to keep listing until they force me into MP. I like paypal and like getting my money immediately. I don't want to wait a week or more to get my money. Other platforms do this as well and I hate it. That is why I do most of my listing on ebay and have a store for that reason, to get my money asap.  

Some platforms I sell on ocassionally I don't get my money until the item is received by the buyer then they have 3 days to rate me. If they don't rate me, I get an automatic rating by site on the 4th day. So here I am waiting almost two weeks to get paid at times. I don't like it at all. The other thing is with a bank account you can't get money on the weekends. 

So even if I do daily payments from MP, I don't get the money from sales until a week or more later. I been reading others info who are in MP and daily payments still you are not getting the money from sales until days later. So I am sticking it out til they force me into MP. 

But, look at other postings from ppl who are in MP and decide for yourself. This is just my opinion and how I prefer to get my money and don't want to do MP until I have too. I do still keep asking questions and reading posts from others in MP. 

Checking for glitches, problems with it, refunds are problem for some, etc.  So do your research then you can make a decision. 

I am sticking it out for now. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Exactly, it is more of a "demand" and that you "have to" do this. I am waiting it out. My husband had same date like me 7/15, then he got a message from ebay saying he didn't have to do it until the end of year. It is weird. I got no such message that I had til end of year. So I am doing business as usual.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Double check your emails from July to make sure you did not miss the actual notification that you are being required to register as by not registering you can lose your ability to list. I probably got my notice through email but the real notice I paid attention to was in eBay messages. After I got the formal message that I needed to enroll on the top of the seller hub there was a message and link to enroll. 

When I got my enroll notification I was given 2 months to get my bank account ready. eBay's goal is all sellers in the USA by the end of the year this may change the time from to enroll to less than 1 month.  It would be a good idea to go ahead and get a separate checking account for eBay now so you will be ready. Also the verification process for your bank will require bank statements to verify the account . If you account is less than 30 days old this could be a issue. So being proactive even though you may not want this in the end you will have no choice. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply