cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay hasn't sent a payout in SIX DAYS! This is my livelihood. Stop sitting on my money.

I have nearly $6000 in sales in the past 7 days. eBay last sent a payout 6 days ago of $802. All of these sales have been marked by eBay as paid for and ready to ship. My bank info is unchanged and correct. My payout setting has not changed from "daily". WHERE IS MY MONEY? This is my income and I have bills to pay.

Message 1 of 53
latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

eBay hasn't sent a payout in SIX DAYS! This is my livelihood. Stop sitting on my money.

Every transaction is marked as Available. As stated above, eBay has finally admitted it was a problem on their end. After trying to blame me with multiple false excuses.

Message 31 of 53
latest reply

They just froze my payments stating that I need to verify my account, which they've been making deposits into since March. They state that I need to verify before August 14.  1) so why do my payments need to be frozen to verify an account that they've been sending my payments to for the last 4 months? 2) if my account has been unverified all this time why wasn't I informed about it until Friday?

Now I have to wait 2-4 banking days to verify microdeposits... If they arrive at all. What income do I use until then for costs?

Check and make sure your account is verified and re- verified and re- verified and...

Message 32 of 53
latest reply

This isn't working and it's funny when they charge you it is deducted right away from your funds.  I sold a $200 card on Sat. it stayed in processing til after noon today and is scheduled to be paid out tmrw. so I won't see it til Wed.  That is 5 days I mean I am very happy with the many added monthly listings, but this LONG wait time is costing me buying opportunities which in turn will cost them collecting more fees from me.  For God's Sake it's 2021 can we figure out how to get us immediate payments.  I can't wait 5 days to ship an item and I don't like mixing-in my off eBay work and life funds.  It's gets confusing so why in this day-and-age of instant information and transfers are you doing this to us.   Answer please.  DIO

Message 33 of 53
latest reply

@katzrul15 wrote:

It is usually because your total hit a "threshold" to evoke the hold, up to 21 days.

Sounds though as you typically sell quite a bit per week, so not certain, if you have not had holds in the past.  How long ago did you sign up for MP?

@katzrul15 

What threshold?  Now if a seller is selling thousands of $$s more than is normal for them sometimes Ebay will step in to verify everything is as it should be, but this should not be the case with this seller.  There doesn't seem to be anything abnormal for them.

So WHAT threshold are you talking about?

How long this seller has been in MP should not have anything to do with holds?  Or is there some policy I missed.  If so, please give a link.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 34 of 53
latest reply

@kustomz wrote:

eBay CS literally just throws out random reasons with no logic or validity.  CS on messaging just told me the reason is my Late Shipment rating. Mine is .3%. Top Rated is anything below 3%. I'm literally at 1/10th the limit. These people are morons. Every singe aspect of my ratings is WELL within the Top Rated range.

@kustomz 

MP is a straight and basic money processing system.  It has NOTHING to do with when you ship or if something has been received.  So unfortunately you got a CSR that did not know what they were talking about.

There are some holds that apply to new sellers or sellers that are returning to selling after 90+ days away.  That is an Ebay rule.  But no one that should affect you.

Message 35 of 53
latest reply

@donsdetour wrote:

Went and looked at your completed sales.

You have items that are over the limit for them to charge to you bank account, so those funds will be held to protect MP and eBay and purchaser.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold-managed-p...

Where in that policy does it state a $$ limit?  And why is there a limit they can charge a bank account?  I don't understand and I can't seem to find it in the policy link.  Would you mind directing me to what I'm overlooking please.

Message 36 of 53
latest reply

@kustomz 

When you viewed your MP account in the Seller Hub, Payment Tab and then the Summary.  Do you see any $$ amount being held.  It would state it there.

Message 37 of 53
latest reply

@kustomz wrote:
ME: And if this doesn't happen, what do I do? Another hour of being given false reasons trying to say it is my fault?

Maria
13:23 PM
You would have to contact us back, but I'm 100% sure that you will be getting those funds tomorrow

Maria
13:23 PM
Don't worry

Yeah, right. Every single interaction I have ever had with eBay CS involves them blaming me first, me proving them wrong, then after hours of interaction, eBay finally admitting fault and fixing what they should have in the first place. I wish I was alone in this experience.

If they are saying you should receive them tomorrow, they would have had to of released the transfer this morning.  

Message 38 of 53
latest reply

Sadly, the answer is greed or "business". The entire MP system is only in place so that eBay can hold our money for a time and make interest from it. Clearly giving us our money could be nearly instantaneous. It was with PayPal. We were forced to use this system because no one in their right mind would choose it over the previous method.

Message 39 of 53
latest reply

@kustomz wrote:

Sadly, the answer is greed or "business". The entire MP system is only in place so that eBay can hold our money for a time and make interest from it. Clearly giving us our money could be nearly instantaneous. It was with PayPal. We were forced to use this system because no one in their right mind would choose it over the previous method.

@kustomz   You may find this interesting ... MP's Weekly Payout is Tuesday and they refuse to change the day for that or allow Sellers to select which day they want their Weekly Payout.  While I like and prefer Weekly Payouts they selected a day which happens to coincide with (on average) 6-8 Monday bank closing Holidays which results in them holding money from weekend sales an additional week that many times a year.  My opinion is that this is intentional and if they were to come here and say that it isn't then my reply would be to change it ... which they won't do because I have already asked ... more than once ....

So, in a 10 year period there are about 100 Holidays and 62 are Monday bank closing Holidays ... does THAT seem like a coincidence?  Not to me  ...

1-MP HOLIDAYS.jpg

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 40 of 53
latest reply

@kustomz wrote:

Consider this. No one can earn interest on money they do NOT have in their account. So since when payments are Pending the money has not yet been received from the funding source, then earning interest on this money during this timeframe is simply NOT possible.

Once the money clears the Pending Status and moves to Available, it is transferred out to the seller on the next Business day for those with Daily deposits or the next Tuesday for those with Weekly deposits. So when that happens the money moves into the ACH Banking system to which MP has NO control over and the money is no longer in MP so there is no way for them to earn interest of funds they do NOT have. Once the money is transferred the banking system has control of the funds, not MP and the banking system determines how fast your money moves to your bank and your account, NOT MP.

Message 41 of 53
latest reply

Currently messaging with CS. They are trying to tell me that all of my funds are on hold because the items have not reached buyers. That is not how it has ever worked. Also, several buyers during the past week have already left positive feedback for the items they RECEIVED.

That is totally absurd.

No, it never was that way before.

It's like I keep saying, eBay messes with your life, constantly thinking of ways to keep your money.

I wonder if this stipulation was in the "agreement" that everyone was sent when they went over to MP?

Message 42 of 53
latest reply

just pay yourself out of the Tax Dollars you are holding for year end (or quarterly if that is how you pay).

I never read anything so ridiculous.

Message 43 of 53
latest reply

It is usually because your total hit a "threshold" to evoke the hold, up to 21 days.

So eBay is just like the Democrats in government, punishing the people who work the hardest. The more you make, the less you keep, and if you make a lot, you are bad and have to be monitored.

Message 44 of 53
latest reply

Kustomz.....

The payment industry does not work on an instantaneous basis.  Each step takes time. 

There is the transfer from the funding source to the Payment Processor (Adyen) that takes time to clear

Then there is the deposit from the payment processor to eBay that also takes time to clear.

Once cleared, managed payments will show it as available and will incorporate it into the next scheduled payout to the seller.   This ACH transfer from eBay to the seller's bank also takes time to clear until it shows as available in their bank balance.  

Clearance times vary from institution to institution.  

As for the interest question, who knows....but its eBay's decision to make.

If they don't, that is their choice to leave that opportunity on the table. 

If they do, they are following standard business practices to maximize their revenue streams.

Personally I don't really care either way as it would have zero impact on the payout process established by Managed Payments. 

I believe eBay wanted to handle their own payments which is their option.  For me its been pretty much a push fee wise and the only complaint I have is that MP does make it more cumbersome for my internal paperwork and tracking than it was with PayPal.....but that's pretty much it.   

It does take getting used to...but its not that dramatically different once you get the ball rolling. 

Message 45 of 53
latest reply