cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Admitted A Problem Sending My $4,138.45 Payout and Those Of Over 2000 Other Sellers

If this is happening to you please do as I did.  File an online complaint with the Attorney General of California.  It's fast and easy.

Perhaps we will be in a class action that will pay us for damages and their incompetence and arrogance.

Here is what I sent so far:

eBay has not sent me a payout for 11 days. My last payout was 9-Jan-2022. $720 was
available since 10-Jan-2022. I am on a daily payout schedule. I was told on the 18th
that it would be "escalated." Today another rep said it was not and that keeping my
money was legal. He said it is a "technical issue" that would be "escalated." I have sold
on eBay for over 22 years. They have not asked me to provide additional information
to receive money since they started payment processing last year. Perhaps this is
happening to others as well. I want my money. Thank you very much, xxxxxx.

The CFPB no longer takes complaints but forwarded my to the FTC, Federal Trade Commission in Washington.  Here is what I sent them: Yesterday, 22-Jan-2022 at 7:05 PST, I talked with a third agent who said I was scheduled to receive a phone call at about 8:45 that day from the second agent. I asked that if they did not reach me by phone then please send me an email. I also asked that she turn it over to a supervisor which she said she would do. They have not initiated any contact since my first call. I have sold on eBay for over 22 years. I rely on income from my sales to pay my bills. They have not asked me to provide additional information to receive money since they started payment processing last year. Perhaps this is happening to others as well.
So yesterday I cancelled all $24,000 of my listings so that no more of my money will be held up. I want my money.
Thank you very much, xxxxxx

Yesterday, 23-Jan-2022, I was on the phone for 42 minutes.  I was told that the problem was that no payout had been scheduled but the payout department would fix that.   How long would it take?

FIVE DAYS

Calendar or business days?

Today I received a voice mail at 4:05AM PST.  Here is a transcript:

Hey, it's great to hear from eBay again. Tried to contact you. You may be busy or or or something at the main it but I'm just ringing you say that look at the issue that you took it to me had reported by many actually a couple of thousand of Sellers as well. They're actually experiencing the same thing as yourself. So I've added you to an alert system. And once the issue has been resolved be alerted at the moment. I don't have a fixed date for that as there's just such a large volume is set as affected but it won't be a long a long period of time at all.

Now what? CLASS ACTION.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

eBay Admitted A Problem Sending My $4,138.45 Payout and Those Of Over 2000 Other Sellers

@n7yv wrote:

Now what? CLASS ACTION.

Wait until the problem is fixed.

Have you tried weekly payouts, seems like it has a lot less problems?

Have a great day
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

The last transcript is odd. 

I see from your FB that there is a gap from 6 months to the last 30 days.

IF a seller takes a break in selling, they go back to having payouts held.

It is all in the Selling policy. 

I am going to guess your payments are being held for at least 21 days.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Same here Ebay hold my money three weeks now. 100% positive feedback, no claims, no return no issues at all.

Only reward keep my money on their bank account.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

So let's see......you and 2000 other sellers haven't been paid. You haven't  had a payout in 11 days! Well I suggest you quit selling expensive electronics like the last item sold,  which was over $1,000 if you don't want to experience  up to a 30 day payment hold.  You had another high dollar item in Dec that's probably ready to be paid out. Be aware eBay can and does hold payments in high theft categories and it doesn't have to have a thousand dollar threshold. 

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Oh yeah. eBay treats you like a new seller if they took a little break from selling.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Dear Sellers

Please read all of my message before arriving at a solution.

None of the replies are based on the facts.  Many have assumed scenarios that have nothing to do with my account.  

The main purpose of the information is to get others to file a formal complaint with the Secretary of State of California.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

You too are selling very expensive items in a high scammed category. That is why.  100% positive feedback and no prior  claims doesn't exempt you from payment holds.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Wrong.  

eBay has admitted it is there fault.  I am on a daily payout.   I have sold high ticket ham radios for years.   That is not the problem.  It is eBay.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Who sent you that message about a couple of thousand sellers as well?

Doesn't sound like eBay. 

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

"The main purpose of the information is to get others to file a formal complaint with the Secretary of State of California."

@n7yv 

^^^ Many have come here to champion for such a cause, then find out that their funds are simply on hold, per the TOS.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Right.  5 minutes.  

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

I have about twice that amount owed to me since Jan 2nd. I sell four products I designed- developed and manufacture-prices $369-849. 

After numerous call- CSRs giving me "advise" to get another bank account because my bank-5th largest in the world-Bank of America- ebay does not "see eye to eye."

So unless I get another bank account- they will continue to hold my money for 30 days- yet took 30 cents out of my bank account for a return fee!!!

So it's not a "fault" - it's ebay picking and choosing how-when- who they are going to pay money owed.

I received an email- here's part. There is NOTHING in the TOS that says which bank you can use or not - other than the online ones...

"To resolve the issue, it would require updating your bank account to a different one. I understand this is not the most convenient option, but it would resolve the holds and funds could be released right away after the new account added passes verification.

As we grow our Payments program we identify new risk factors that will change the relationship we have with a bank.  We truly don't want to cause an inconvenience, but we have an obligation to continue to keep eBay a safe and secure marketplace above all else. This doesn't mean their bank is insecure, or that there is anything wrong with it, just that eBay and the bank don't necessarily "see eye-to-eye"."

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

@n7yv 

I'm unsure as to who sent you that voicemail but it certainly does not sound like someone from Ebay.

"Hey, it's great to hear from eBay again.  [were they unaware they were suppose to be from Ebay?]  Tried to contact you. You may be busy or or or something at the main it but I'm just ringing you say that look at the issue that you took it to me had reported by many actually a couple of thousand of Sellers as well. [the first half of this sentence doesn't even make sense]  They're actually experiencing the same thing as yourself. So I've added you to an alert system. [Ebay does not refer to technical issues as the Alert system] And once the issue has been resolved be alerted at the moment. [huh?]  I don't have a fixed date for that as there's just such a large volume [2,000 is NOT a large volume of sellers] is set as affected but it won't be a long a long period of time at all."

While I said that 2,000 sellers is not a lot of sellers, that does NOT mean they are important.  I firmly believe they are.  However I think there is so much wrong with this message that it is unlikely to be accurate on much of anything.

When you go to your Seller Hub, do you see a red flag at the top of the page?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@n7yv wrote:

Dear Sellers

Please read all of my message before arriving at a solution.

None of the replies are based on the facts.  Many have assumed scenarios that have nothing to do with my account.  

The main purpose of the information is to get others to file a formal complaint with the Secretary of State of California.

and what response/resolution have you received from the Secretary of the State of California ?

I would not be filled with any sense of security if it was the message that started > Hey, it's great to hear from eBay again

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 15 of 16
latest reply