cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still getting "Something-went-wrong-Please-try-again-later" when updating seller acct for mngd pmts

Every time I try and update my account per Ebay's instructions to switch to management payments I get "Something-went-wrong-Please-try-again-later" msg. The last person who posted this problem in November ever got an answer. Any suggestions on how to resolve this before I just lose my selling privileges? Or how to reach a real person on eBay who can help?

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Still getting "Something-went-wrong-Please-try-again-later" when updating seller acct for mngd pmts

I was able to resolve the issue today by switching my address by opening the switch to managed payments request. I use a POB both for purchases and as my seller address, but somehow the POB address or the format it was displayed in was causing the "something went wrong" issue. I changed the POB to a street address and that cleared the way for me to complete the managed payments info, add the info it needed, and I am back in action as a seller. YAY!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 11 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

I have the same issue.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Same issue here.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

I have been having the same issue for several months.  I have spoken to several different customer service reps at ebay.  Each of these reps told me they opened a ticket and that the issue will be resolved within a few days. Well, the issue still isn't resolved.   

However, I believe that these reps have helped to identify the root cause of the issue. 

My eBay account is over 20 years old.  At the time I opened the account, eBay did not require a date of birth to be included as part of the information needed to open an account.  That has since changed.  As a result, ebay has my account set with a default date of birth of 1/1/1900. This, of course, doesn't match the DOB on file with my bank, and this seems to be what leads to the the "Something isn't right" error message. 

Unfortunately, I cannot update my DOB in ebay's system.  While this can usually be done on the "personal information", I do not have that option.  In fact, I can neither edit nor even see a DOB section on my "personal information" page.  Again, according to the reps that have helped me, this too seems to be due to the age of my account. 

So, once again, I am currently waiting for eBay to call me to discuss this issue.  I wish there was a way to escalate this issue to someone that can either adjust the settings to allow my to see/edit the DOB on my account or for someone at eBay to be able to hardcore my actual DOB as a replacement of the defaulted DOB of 1/1/1900.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Thanks for your reply hogua. That's interesting and could be the source of the problem a lot of us are having. Looks like a lot of us won't be able to sell [or list new items] on eBay after Thursday.... 😞

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

I was told I would be contact in 5 business days and I’m still waiting.

I have a message on my account saying I have until January 18th to update my payout info, but I cannot do this without getting the error message. ridiculous.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Same problem... "Something went wrong. Please try again later." HOW MUCH LATER? 

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

I had switched to MP early. Sold one item in Nov.2020. Everything was right. Have received 5 messages since 12-15-2020 that my payout was delivered to my bank. Every message had a new delivery date but still no money. I have called, texted, emailed, even automated help out of a dozen (at least) tries only twice did I talk with someone. They put me on hold to check my situation and soon after handed me over to tech who left me on hold indefinitely. I have called my bank, PayPal and got on community forum to either find a solution or see if others are experiencing the same thing. No luck yet

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

from my understanding ebay has a automatic feature that kicks in if it thinks your  trying to do something like use a phone number it dont like  pretty much bans your account from updating the info .   no fix is known   i noticed after trying to sign up another account on here  and was blocked from updating the info .  same with Instagram   accounts   some are automatically blocked shadow banned   if it doesn't like your name on the account

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

"! Something went wrong.  Please try again later"  is the message I've been getting for a week.  Per eBay's message, I have until 1/22 to sign up for managed payments.  I can't get past the demographics page.  I spoke with a customer service rep last week, who told me he would submit an IT issue ticket and it would be fixed 1/4 - 1/5.  He also told me he can't find any record of this issue/error happening to anyone else.   Since it still wasn't fixed on 1/5 I called again.  The second customer service rep told me he will refer the issue back to the first customer service rep, and to give it until 1/11 to be resolved.  I asked him if my ability to list will be cut off on 1/22 if they haven't fixed their error, and he reassured me twice that I will not have a problem with listing or revising since the error is on their end.  However, I'm still concerned about that since eBay's message to me is pretty clear with their 1/22 deadline.

I'm grateful you posted this because I honestly thought I was the only seller this was happening to.  Please update us here if your issue is resolved.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

I was able to resolve the issue today by switching my address by opening the switch to managed payments request. I use a POB both for purchases and as my seller address, but somehow the POB address or the format it was displayed in was causing the "something went wrong" issue. I changed the POB to a street address and that cleared the way for me to complete the managed payments info, add the info it needed, and I am back in action as a seller. YAY!

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Thank You!!! I have been dealing with eBay reps to figure this out for months and all I needed to do was use my street address instead of my PO Box... I hope they are better at managing our money than they are at IT glitches. 🙄

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

thank you.  this works.  Does not like PO Boxes.  Physical address worked.  

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

having same problem in India

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

You need to post on the boards in India as you may have different requirements for set up than the US

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 15 of 18
latest reply