cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

South African seller- advice on Payoneer please?

Hello everyone,

I havent made any sales for several years, but would like to resume. I previously used Paypal and am still registered. I am being blocked from listing due to not having an automatic payment method registered with Ebay. 

Should I assume that creating a Payoneer account and registering it with Ebay will fix this?

Many thanks

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

South African seller- advice on Payoneer please?

@djnick01,

As a seller, you can't use PayPal to receive payments for eBay sales anymore, not for about 3 years. Buyers can use PayPal to pay, but PayPal doesn't process the payments anymore, managed payments does.

You need to sign up for managed payments to be able to receive payments now. In South Africa, to the best of my knowledge, you will need to have a Payoneer account to receive the payments, and then you can transfer the money to your bank account.

Make sure that your registered address is correct when you start the sign-up process, because after that, you can't change the country any more. You will be directed to create a Payoneer account if that is required in your country, and that's the best way to do it, rather than trying to link an existing Payoneer account.

Part of the process is to also provide an alternate payment method for fees, this can be a credit or debit card. This is for when eBay can't take the fees from your pending payouts or your primary account (probably Payoneer) so just having a Payoneer account won't be enough.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply